Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my wife asked me to pick up a puzzle for my Daughter's birthday - not to miss a chance to ride, I happily agreed....
When I got to the store there were 2 puzzles - neither of which would fit in my saddlebags or tail bag....

I figure I used about $5 worth of zip ties, but I got them home!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts
IF you would've liked to 'save' some of those zip-ties..., when you cut them, do so at the point where it goes INTO the female part, then you can reuse them somewhat.

Learned this from one of my RCAF Flight Engineers on C130s....

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
go to HF and get there bungee net, its a real life saver for stuff like that

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only had to cut 6 of the zip ties, and I did cut them where they went "in", and I now have a "zip tie chain" to take apart....

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I've had some luck with unlocking zip ties. Stick a very small flat blade screwdriver into the locking tab and pull the end back out.

Cyclegear also sells cargo nets. There are some brick/mortar stores as well as the online catalog, so there may be a store near you.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I carry several bungee cords with me for just such an emergency. Of course, I carry them in my Givi V46 topcase, so I don't usually need them :p

·
Registered
499 Posts
Good job. I always carry a few zip ties in my "roadside repair kit" (along with tire plug kit and pump, few feet of duct tape, safety wire, bulbs, fuses, etc.). I only recall using them twice over the course of many years, but when I need them, they sure came in handy: once to secure my center stand after its spring broke, and once to do battle damage repair to a fairing to help someone get his crashed sportbike roadworthy enough to ride it home.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I find most of my "spares" and tools get used for other riders..... but that's just fine by me. I have helped a few people get going again over the years.... Good Karma is always welcome.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I find most of my "spares" and tools get used for other riders..... but that's just fine by me. I have helped a few people get going again over the years.... Good Karma is always welcome.
same here but thats the reason i have them

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts
I've used "zip-ties" to repair the strap on my backpack when I had an encounter w/ 'terra-firma' back in '04 in Alaska, AND to repair a cracked windshield on a bud's URAL after he had an encounter w/ 'terra-firma' in the ditch on the Cassiar Hwy back in '05....

NOW I carry some small ones, as well as several ROK straps in a saddle-bag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Even better buy reusable zip ties or cable tied as we know them this side of the Atlantic. Use them again and again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts