Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rode to Zions park, Grand canyons North and South rim a couple of weeks ago... 2 days, 1 night... Over 1400 miles... What a ride !!! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... I just started a new job, no vacation day... Just have to do it in a weekend...

We left early Saturday morning at 5:30am and came home Monday 2am and went to work at 8:30am... Dead tired physically but satisfied mentally... :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah... I just started a new job, no vacation day... Just have to do it in a weekend...

We left early Saturday morning at 5:30am and came home Monday 2am and went to work at 8:30am... Dead tired physically but satisfied mentally... :D
Some times you got to do what you got to do. :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My friend is riding Kawasaki ZX14... :)

Originally 6 riders... 3 dropped out real quick on the last week before we left... 1 got problem with bike on the day of the ride... We went anyway!!! Just the 2 of us.

Remember my Home Depot $3 radiator protector??? It works fine in Arizona over 100F weather...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Those are some good miles to put on the bike over a weekend!

good on you guys for going when everyone else bailed. I guess 700 miles each way is not for everyone!

Was just at Zion earlier this year. Friggin' beautiful valley!

Any more rides planned?

CC

·
0 Posts
great trip, must have been a laugh on a V! - I did Zion/bryce other scenic hyways last year, sadly on a rented harley though!. Zion was the biggest surpise (as had not even heard of it!) Angels landing hike was truly stunning.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
great trip, must have been a laugh on a V! - I did Zion/bryce other scenic hyways last year, sadly on a rented harley though!. Zion was the biggest surpise (as had not even heard of it!) Angels landing hike was truly stunning.
+1 on Angels Landing:thumb:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Grant Canyon South to North Rim through Navajo bridge is about 210 miles. Can be done easily in between five to six hours. If you want to punish yourself you can do it in a single tank of gas in about four hours. However, I recommend taking your time and enjoy the scenery along the way. North Rim to Zion is about 155 miles so that should be an easy leg.

The 800 miles to get in and out of LA. That's just brutal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts