Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on this forum run a Zero Gravity Touring Windscreen? They have them for the 2nd Gen V, did some searches on here and came up with nothing.
I would like to hear some feed back, if there is any available. :feedback:

Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
Stlee, megafortune penang has it for rm400.00

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dayum.....that's a nice screen :)
Dude,
I think I might get the sport tour. Wonder how it compares to the Givi for our Gen2 (2010+) V????:feedback:
If we could get a small discount say $90 shipped I'll be all over this.
I'm still using stocker in steepest position.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Dude,
I think I might get the sport tour. Wonder how it compares to the Givi for our Gen2 (2010+) V????:feedback:
If we could get a small discount say $90 shipped I'll be all over this.
I'm still using stocker in steepest position.
I'm waiting for my new Givi touring screen to show up. I'll let you know how that one works out. I really like the zero gravity one though!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have a ZG on my KLR in winter and the Givi on my V. Both are nice and seem well made. Only thing I don't like about the ZG was the dealer I got it from order in the dark tint and I wanted the light tint or clear, but that's not ZG fault. I can't really say ones better than the other because they are different bikes. I do think the Givi looks better on the V but being clear it "Hides" a light better even though it's larger and taller. I'f I had a clear ZG on the KLR I think it would look better. One reason I run the factoy on the KLR in summer is I'd hate to crash offroad on the ZG it might leave a mark!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a ZG st405 on mo 09. Purchased it from a forum member. It works very well with very little buffeting. I am 5'10". The thing I like is that I no longer get bugs on my visor. I rode through some rain yesterday and it seemed to keep the rain off my torso.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just installed

The brown truck delivered my new Zero Gravity Touring windscreen yesterday afternoon. I ordered it by phone directly from Zero Gravity Corporation the day earlier. This morning I took it for a thirty-five mile test ride on twisty mountain roads and on the freeway.
I'm 6'1" and always wear earplugs. The windscreen (light smoke) seemed to have slightly less buffeting at 80mph on the slab and flowed smoother air at 45mph in the twisties than the stock windscreen on my 2010.
I'll post an update in a few weeks after returning from a ride to Laguna Seca Moto GP and the Sacramento Mile.

Sent from my iPad

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The brown truck delivered my new Zero Gravity Touring windscreen yesterday afternoon. I ordered it by phone directly from Zero Gravity Corporation the day earlier. This morning I took it for a thirty-five mile test ride on twisty mountain roads and on the freeway.
I'm 6'1" and always wear earplugs. The windscreen (light smoke) seemed to have slightly less buffeting at 80mph on the slab and flowed smoother air at 45mph in the twisties than the stock windscreen on my 2010.
I'll post an update in a few weeks after returning from a ride to Laguna Seca Moto GP and the Sacramento Mile.

Sent from my iPad
Did you get the SR or Sport Touring model?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got the Sport Touring model. It was $99.95 plus $15.95 shipping. I'd post some pictures if I could figure how from my iPad. The light smoke blends right in with my black '10.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Touring measurement

When I measure the windscreen from the top of the screen to the bottom opening of the screen, just above the the cowling, along the centerline, I get the following measurements: stock screen=11"; Zero Gravity Sport Touring=17".
Based on the Zero Gravity website, the Sport Touring is 4" taller than their SR. Some quick math concludes that the SR would be 2" taller than the stock screen.

I hope this info helps. BTW, the installation of the Zero Gravity was very easy and took all of about three minutes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When I measure the windscreen from the top of the screen to the bottom opening of the screen, just above the the cowling, along the centerline, I get the following measurements: stock screen=11"; Zero Gravity Sport Touring=17".
Based on the Zero Gravity website, the Sport Touring is 4" taller than their SR. Some quick math concludes that the SR would be 2" taller than the stock screen.

I hope this info helps. BTW, the installation of the Zero Gravity was very easy and took all of about three minutes.
Thanks PACmann! SO at 17" is that slightly shorter than the GIVI tour??
Hopefully we can find someone who has first hand knowledge of both (buffeting heights etc.).
:thanx:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks PACmann! SO at 17" is that slightly shorter than the GIVI tour??
Hopefully we can find someone who has first hand knowledge of both (buffeting heights etc.).
:thanx:
Hey Packmann I'm still hoping for some more updates/full review.?? Maybe 17" is too much? SO at 17" is that slightly shorter than the GIVI tour, right??
I am 6 feet even and may get the 2"(SR-right?) taller than stock model.
Model SR is 2" taller than stock and Sport touring model is 6" taller than stock. The Givi Tall is 21cm or 8.2" taller than stock.
I think one about 3 to 4 inches taller and maybe shaped better than stocker would be perfect for me.:feedback: I hoping you will help me decide between the SR and Sport Touring..
Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey Packmann I'm still hoping for some more updates/full review.?? Maybe 17" is too much? SO at 17" is that slightly shorter than the GIVI tour, right??
I am 6 feet even and may get the 2"(SR-right?) taller than stock model.
Model SR is 2" taller than stock and Sport touring model is 6" taller than stock. The Givi Tall is 21cm or 8.2" taller than stock.
I think one about 3 to 4 inches taller and maybe shaped better than stocker would be perfect for me.:feedback: I hoping you will help me decide between the SR and Sport Touring..
Thanks!
What type of riding do you do Morgan? Lots of highway stuff? If so, I'd say go for the touring screen. But if you're not........ I'd say just go for the SR. In my humble opinion, I think it's the best looking screen- bar none- for our bike!
Hmmmmm...reeeealy wanting this screen!!
PS---- I find the sport touring screen a bit unsightly for the Versys:eek:

·
Registered
120 Posts
What type of riding do you do Morgan? Lots of highway stuff? If so, I'd say go for the touring screen. But if you're not........ I'd say just go for the SR. In my humble opinion, I think it's the best looking screen- bar none- for our bike!
Hmmmmm...reeeealy wanting this screen!!
PS---- I find the sport touring screen a bit unsightly for the Versys:eek:
Mostly in town so far, but lots of damn freeways filled with big trucks around here.
I really thought PackMann was going to help us out here.:huh: I hope he's OK????
I've found the stocker in STEEP works the best for me around town..
Hey Chalupa what you do with the big-GIVI???

1 - 20 of 46 Posts