Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching for a bike for a while that was both nimble and capable for touring on less than ideal roads. I've owned (and still do a few) a variety of other bikes from supermoto's to full out tourers and must say I'm glad I found the Versys. Happy to be part of the group. Some good tips and tricks, that I am sure I will look at doing as none of my bikes have stayed stock for long.

Anyway, look forward to participating on this forum over the coming months and years.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor to the NORTH! :surprise: In Alaska. You should try to attend the D2D gathering next June in Dawson City. It's a BLAST and I know of a few Versys riders (Lord willing, myself included) will be in attendance. Put the miles on it while you can and then wrench on it over the winter to make it fit your riding style. I know our riding season here in AK is drawing to a close as we just got a sprinkling of termination dust on the mountains in the last couple days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Whitehorse. Since all roads in Yukon converge here, you may have driven through.

Will try to make it up to D2D one of these years, but seem to always be out on travel that weekend. I hear it's a lot of fun

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
I'm in Whitehorse. Since all roads in Yukon converge here, you may have driven through.

Will try to make it up to D2D one of these years, but seem to always be out on travel that weekend. I hear it's a lot of fun
Yup. Been in and through Whitehorse MANY times, and - YES - D2D is a LOT of fun. You'll meet some... "characters"... there.

:exactly:

A Harley on ADV rubber even showed up this year....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts