Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, mine is bone stock, I can only get 180 miles per tank, thats around 47 mpg. How will it be with an aftermarket exhaust and PC or JB???

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I usually get 48 to 52 mpg. The dashboard warnings start to flash at 200 miles like clock work. If I stop at 200 miles, I can put in 4 gallons. So that means I have a gallon in the tank when the fuel warning flashes. So that means I have about 50 miles to find a gas station.

When I ride with my "cruiser" friends I always get 55 mpg, as they are very relaxed riders.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well, mine is bone stock, I can only get 180 miles per tank, thats around 47 mpg. How will it be with an aftermarket exhaust and PC or JB???
47MPG X 5 Gallons equals 235 total miles.

I'm easily in the area of ~50MPG. I ride until the E light is blinking.

At that point I figure I have at least 35 more miles until empty.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I pretty much ride all 2 laners and average about 55 mpg. went for a ride yesterday tank was full when I left rode 175 miles, did some mountain roads in vermont, topped off when I got home took 3.04 gallons.

·
Registered
190 Posts
After 11,400 miles, and no performance modifications(other than synth blend oil and normal servicing), I generally run 47 mpg with my larger Givi Windscreen, 37l Trax side cases and 38l Trax top case adding to drag.

Been tracking mpg since new, best I ever saw was 51 mpg, worse 42 mpg.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been debating over the V and a KLR, I figured the V would get better mpg than the KLR being FI and a more refined motor? KLR's get 50 or better from what I've read.

Heck, I can squeeze 50 out of my FJR.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've just gone through 10000km and have had on my last 2 tanks around 4.46 liters per 100km or 53 mpg ..only mods are my quad headlight conversion.

I'm doing mainly commuting, some 2 up, and 1 country trip.

I should do an economy run to see how high i can get it. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mileage

Guys,

198 miles on 3.8 gallons, 52.1. Mostly highway riding, 65-80 mph. Meeee loves the Versys. Just did the 600 mile service at Simi Valley Kawasaki, $80, change the oil myself. Di:D:D:D:D:cheers:d I mention that I love the Versys.:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a KLR, I sure miss the suspension, ooo maannn. That sound it made was sweeett. Sold it to buy the V, I admit I got disappointed in the suspension dept. but still I am happy with the change.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I've just gone through 10000km and have had on my last 2 tanks around 4.46 liters per 100km or 53 mpg ..only mods are my quad headlight conversion.

I'm doing mainly commuting, some 2 up, and 1 country trip.

I should do an economy run to see how high i can get it. :)
fuel mileage like tyre mileage like chain wear seems to very with riders style as much as the basic bike itself.

some days I get around 200 miles on a tank, somedays I get 230 ish (filling up as soon as practical after the empty sign comes on). there are people I ride with who claim they are getting over 60MPG, many claim 55+ regularly and that seems to be bourne out by the 'fuelly' website

thats in uk gallons

·
Registered
459 Posts
Guys,

198 miles on 3.8 gallons, 52.1. Mostly highway riding, 65-80 mph. Meeee loves the Versys. Just did the 600 mile service at Simi Valley Kawasaki, $80, change the oil myself. Di:D:D:D:D:cheers:d I mention that I love the Versys.:D
If you changed the oil, what did they DO???????

·
Registered
545 Posts
Considering the odometer error, I usually average about 50 MPG. I get better MPG's at 70mph than I do at 60mph. However, MPG drops again at 80mph. I usually get better MPG on the highways than I do in the twisties.
I find the economy a little disappointing, as my little brother's CBR900RR averages better than 55MPG.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've been keeping track of the mileage since I bought the V back in April. Now with 10,600 miles on it, I am averaging about 50mpg, with a low of 46 and a high of 57. I do a lot of commuting during the week, with twisties on the weekend. Have the Givi screen and bags, which add drag, and a Two Brother's slip-on, which probably doesn't add much power, if any, but sure sounds cool!!!:D

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
...Have the Givi screen and bags, which add drag,...
Last September I went riding the twisties with a fellow V rider. We filled up our bikes at the same gas station before and after our ride. We rode all day within a few yards of each other, and we have similar riding styles. He has no windshield on his V, and my V has a Givi screen (medium position, spacers under the bottom screws. My V got 2 mpg better gas milage than his! I think my Givi screen was the reason. It diverts the airflow around my torso more efficiently than no windshield. :thumb:

·
Registered
214 Posts
just shy of 11,000 miles.

usually when leading my wife and daughter around on slow country roads (50mph tops) that are pretty flat the Versys is good for 58 to 62.

By myself riding normal it is always 51 to 52.

On the 1 Track day it was 26 mpg. Boy was that fun tho.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts