Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just put these on today never had a bike with hand guards. I'll post a few photos so you tell me with or without ???????

·
Registered
628 Posts
I think they look ok. You may want to consider repainting all that blue stuff with another color. Hmmmmm maybe RED....lol

J/K

Seriously I think they look good.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The more i look at it the better i like it. I like a nice clean look and i think these work. I don't know how anyone else installed these on thier bike but the instructions made no sense just a few meaningless diagrams.I put the biggest spacer at the end of the stock bar weight and ran the long bolt through.It works for me.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think they look ok. You may want to consider repainting all that blue stuff with another color. Hmmmmm maybe RED....lol

J/K

Seriously I think they look good.
Green! Do we have to go through all of this again? It's a proven fact that GREEN is for GO and red is for stop.:D

V-Zee

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Hi Joseph

your original question "Your Opinion Please: with or without hand guards" your hand guards do look good but regardless of what handgaurds look like they give your hands wind protection. I rode the first 5000km on mine with out guards and missed them as my previuos bike had them on. The temp I ride in may range from 5 celicuis/ 41 F or lower to 32 c/ 90 F and in those lower temps you need some protection from the wind chill, if you have good gloves and wind protection you don't need heated grips IMHO.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I took the bar-end wieghts off when I installed mine and I think I just used the bolt that came out to attach the handguards. I don't think you need any of the mounting hardware that comes in the box. They are heavy enough act as bar-end weights too.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sharrison56: I first mounted it witout the bar ends and just the stock bolt but they hit the givi quite a bit that way even though they are flexiable at the point of contact. i will re-try it that way when i get the bar risers to see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the positive feed back:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
The bars not only look better with guards, but if you ever have it fall over WITH guards on, it'll look WAY better after...! :goodidea:

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know it shouldn't be about looks but i like my bikes the way i like my women. clean, trim,agile with sexy lines and just enough trunk to handle my load:teetertooter::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think V's look better without hand guards. That being said I don't think they look bad and I'm sure the warmth during cold weather is easy to get used to.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't need them so much for the cold. when it was 38 degrees i just wore some mechanix leather gloves fingers got cold but not uncomfortable

·
Registered
238 Posts
I put some Acerbis guards of my versys, had to trim about 11/2" off both sides of my givi windshield for full turns. I did this with a road trip in mind. I wrecked my bike about 2 weeks later. I broke the left side of my handle bars off. I feel that I would have had more damage to levers and switches without the guards. Yours look good also!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts