Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'd really love to hear y'all opinions on this ABS conversion kit for the Kawasaki Versys 650.

I saw this ad the other day on AliExpress (Yes, I know. Not the most trustworthy place for quality goods.) and I was very curious about this kit. For all I can see this seems to be legit. I wouldn't mind spending 500 bucks to get a proper ABS installed on my bike. They even customize the whole thing for the Versys 650 and they also make it seem like it's plug and play.
:surprise:

So is this too good to be true?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Universal-Motorcycle-motorbike-Scooter-ATV-Moped-ABS-ANTI-LOCK-BRAKE-system-for-Suzuki-GW250-Benelli-BN600/32738818223.html

Manual of the ABS kit: http://docdro.id/fOH66uQ

Ps. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I wasn't sure where to put it.

·
Premium Member
9,107 Posts
ABS Install / Wiring Diagram

Theoretically it could work, however the way the ABS works is it compares the front wheel rotation to rear wheel,( in the case of the 650 it uses the countershaft speed as a input reference as to speed, the X300 they have done away with this input, they rely solely on the ABS ring for speed)and pulses when you brake if there is a variation at a certain percentage, also it prevents lock up down to 3KM per hour, below 3KM ABS doesn't function on the 2015. I personnally would need a lot more information including feedback from those who have installed this, keep in mind if you were involved in a accident and at fault, caused damage or injury, consider your insurance null and void, as your brakes are part of a safety inspection. I wonder what the cost of Kawasaki parts are , what year is your bike?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bike is a 2010 model. I thought about looking for parts of a damaged bike or something, but I couldn't find any bikes.

I asked the vendor if I could get the specs from him and he send me 2 documents. Might be interesting to read through.
As I wasn't allowed to upload bigger files I put the doc online for everyone to read. Also, I asked him about proof that it works. He claims to have sold thousands in China and he is the only one as far as I can tell that sells and customizes this for foreigners. As you can see on AliExpress the vendor does have a couple of 5-star reviews, but the people haven't put up feedback on the abs kit when it was actually installed.

So here is the manual http://docdro.id/fOH66uQ

·
Registered
260 Posts
Would be a lot less hassle and probably cheaper to just sell your bike and buy a used ABS model Versys.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I wouldn't order anything that is going to affect my brakes from ALI Express. That has brake failure written all over it.

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts
Would be a lot less hassle and probably cheaper to just sell your bike and buy a used ABS model Versys.
Not to start a debate but if it was an option on my 2015 650lt I would not have paid extra for it.
I have one of EACH, ABS 2015 and non-ABS 2008.

When I got the '15 I went out and braked INTO the ABS (to get used to it), as well as riding some dirt to ensure I could lock the rear wheel IF necessary, on down-hills.

I'm NOT sure I would've paid extra for it, IF I had had the choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts