Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first street only bike was a new Black 1980 Suzuki GS550L i was 17. Kept it a year and sold it to a friend and bought my "Favorite" so far bike at age 18 a new 1981 GS1000L exactly like you see in the video .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOWmWobEzlE

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hard to pick one, I've enjoyed them all. Gonna have to go with the only one I really missed when I sold it...a 1995 Ducati 900 SS SP. Red, of course, with awesome sounding carbon fiber Arrow slip-ons. And other assorted goodies, of course. I did everything on that bike. Street rides, track days, threw soft bags on it and toured...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
thats a good toss up, the one i had the longest was my secaII turbo i toured japan on loaded with over 400lbs of crap,
but i also miss one of my first ever street bike (that was bigger then a 125) was 1250cc TwinTurbo ninja...... that got alota stupid out of me when i was younger.

the bikes i dont miss are the atk(all the drama i had with it, was a beast of a bike tho) and my last cafe bike i made (had loads of fun on it but it had loads of gremlins and problem P/O "forgot" to mention till a month after i got the bike >.>)

·
Registered
201 Posts
My fav is a1988 Honda Hawk 650GT.
Just sold it two months ago
Before that it was a 1984 Nighthawk S
700sc. One of the best looking bikes
Honda made. :usa::usa:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Seems to be a moving target as to my favorite:

RD's were at the top of my list for years, the Gen 1 FZ1's

The Versys is on top at this point...and i've had many different bike including 13 Harley's :confused: I had Harley's when it wasn't "cool" to own one...:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
I haven't owned a lot of bikes so my choices are rather limited. The bike that always seems to be my first choice when I go out to the garage is the Street Triple R. The Triumph is a great bike and quite a fun ride.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Having owned more than 60 motorcycles - it's a moving target. I remember when a 1972 BMW R75/5 was my favorite.

A couple of years ago, I bought a 1973 model and restored it. Holy crap, what was I thinking?

:eek:

Oh yeah, it looked show room perfect, but it rode like a , ummm, 1973 motorcycle !

At present time, I've had a 2008 Harley Fat Boy for seven years - so I guess that's my favorite.

Other notable motorcycles - Yamaha FJR1300, Yamaha Super Tenere, and of course, this 2014 Kawasaki Versys.

We also have a Gold Wing GL1800 and it's my favorite if'n I'm planning to ride coast to coast. Otherwise, it's like a hippopotamus.
:D

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Folks are right, it's a tough call. Though I might change my mind again and again, I really liked my Moto Guzzi V50 III (back when I was younger and lighter anyway).

Overall though I still think my all time favorite was the 1972 Suzuki T-500J I owned while living in England. It wasn't fancy but it was described, quite accurately I believe, as a being like a pair of Levis - it did it's job and was very hard to wear out. And it took me thousands and thousands of miles without ever skipping a beat. It was the essence of a motorcycle - simple, reliable, and surprisingly comfortable.

But then there's the Suzuki GS450, the Norton Commando 850 Interstate, the BMW K75S, and the Gen 1 Versys. Each was, or still is, very good in its own right, though not perfect. Arrgh, it's tough to decide!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Having owned more than 60 motorcycles - it's a moving target. I remember when a 1972 BMW R75/5 was my favorite.

A couple of years ago, I bought a 1973 model and restored it. Holy crap, what was I thinking?

:eek:

Oh yeah, it looked show room perfect, but it rode like a , ummm, 1973 motorcycle !

At present time, I've had a 2008 Harley Fat Boy for seven years - so I guess that's my favorite.

Other notable motorcycles - Yamaha FJR1300, Yamaha Super Tenere, and of course, this 2014 Kawasaki Versys.

We also have a Gold Wing GL1800 and it's my favorite if'n I'm planning to ride coast to coast. Otherwise, it's like a hippopotamus.
:D
Hmmm. Living in central Missouri, wouldn't that be coast to coast and a half? :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Seems to be a moving target as to my favorite:

RD's were at the top of my list for years, the Gen 1 FZ1's

The Versys is on top at this point...and i've had many different bike including 13 Harley's :confused: I had Harley's when it wasn't "cool" to own one...:D
harley's weren't ,arnt , and never will be "cool" to own, ride, or even be seen (ok some of the really old ones are ok to look at)

·
Registered
575 Posts
cuff, what bike is that? Looks nice! Also, I see a nesba sticker - I used to ride with them, until they folded early this year.
It's a 2006 zx14. Tonnes of work done to it by the previous owner. That's who put the nesba sticker on it. I'll be taking it to the strip though either in a few weeks or next spring. Damn work keeps getting in the way.:p

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
My favorite bike is also the bike I ride the least, but also the first bike I kept longer than four years. That bike is my '07 Vulcan Mean Streak. Now, if I can only own one of the bikes I have owned, or bike I would want back based on my current riding tempo, it would be the concours . But the reality is that and adventure touring bike would meet most of my riding wants.

·
Super Moderator
18,961 Posts
I know it's a pretty lousy bike, but I think my favorite is my actual Versys 650, believe it or not.
I'm w/ invader! BOTH my '08 AND my '09 Versys' are my faves!!!!

:yeahsmile:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts