Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking over the Yoshimura site, I noticed they are looking for a Versys to create and exhaust system.

Any new owners in CA willing to take one for the team?

Here is the text from the website...

Bikes Wanted

If you own one of the bikes on the drop down list below and can loan it to us at Yoshimura for fitment and Dyno testing, then we will hook you up with free Yoshimura stuff. Anything from shirts and stickers to an exhaust system for your bike.

You must be able to leave the bike with us for up to 2 weeks, and you must be able to drop the bike off, and pick it up from us in Chino, California.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I let them know they could have mine for two weeks. It would be nice if they made a high pipe system to get rid of the underbike exhaust.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love the look and style of the tucked under exhaust. However, I'm looking to turn my V into more of a scrambler and have been looking for something a little more upswept and dual sport worthy. Muzzy makes a megaphone that is more raised, but not close to what I want. I was planning to buy a used exhaust can and custom fit a section of pipe for the trips that would be more off road. If anyone has worked one out, please share.

Moe

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They already have a bike. No plans to make a high mount...BLAH
Good news, that means products should be forthcoming.

I'm not a fan of loud exhausts, but Yosh systems (at least as delivered) are fairly quiet with a nice sound.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I for one like the under mount exhaust set up :thumb:

Yeah its ok for a quiet system but I think the lack of length in the entire system causes the exhaust note to have a "farting" quality. I don’t care for it at all.

·
Registered
186 Posts
High Exhaust

I love the look and style of the tucked under exhaust. However, I'm looking to turn my V into more of a scrambler and have been looking for something a little more upswept and dual sport worthy. Muzzy makes a megaphone that is more raised, but not close to what I want. I was planning to buy a used exhaust can and custom fit a section of pipe for the trips that would be more off road. If anyone has worked one out, please share.

Moe
I don't mind the sound but I would be interested in a higher exhaust system if it would clear my Givi's. That might be an issue.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well my v with the tbr slip on is far from quiet or farty ...:D I was chatting to my neighbor this fall and he said the first time he heard v start up he thought it was a military chopper flying by.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ok so is there or isn't there an exhaust fo rthe Versys from Yoshirmura... I'm confused.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nobody knows for sure. However, Yoshimura USA has a Versys and I'd assume they are using it to create an exhast system and maybe a few other items.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Muzzy too!!

Well my v with the tbr slip on is far from quiet or farty ...:D I was chatting to my neighbor this fall and he said the first time he heard v start up he thought it was a military chopper flying by.
I love the sound of my Muzzy!! I put the race core in and its not too loud if you go easy on the twist-But it roars when you let it loose!! Its not harley loud-but it gets some looks!! I never knew what to think about the loud pipes save lives crowd- But when I Rode to waco and nearly got run over in Dallas- I twisted a few times and got noticed. I guess there may be some merit to that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts