Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So ever sense I got the versys and showed it to my neighbor. He has been telling me I need to get a yoshimura exhaust an no other. Sense I have known him a while and respect his opinion that is what i am looking at. Of cores everything goes threw my father before buying or install. Anyone have one installed on there versys? I want to get a idea of what it will sound like. I have been there website and they have pictures of how it looks. "as for some of you that were hoping it would be a high tail one and get rid of the under bike exhaust it is" Any help would be appreciated. :thanx:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yosh normally make nice pipes...my good friend has one on his CBR600rr, sounds mean as hell once he gets up past 10k rpm. Yosh pipes are normally louder than other brands...but the name sure does sound cool.

Yoshimura. It's just so dang fun to say. ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, well I usually do not get up that high in the rpms maybe once in a great while. But normal days I keep it under 7 or 8. Yes nice name lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a Yosh full race system on my Suzuki TL1000S and on my SV650N. Quality systems. I'm currently running a Scorpion slip-on on my Versys. Very happy with it. Lifetime guarantee (even give you 50% off a new one if you crash the bike) and never needs repacking. They dyno tune it to work with the stock mapping. I highly recommend the Scorpion. Be forewarned; you will have to block the PAIR system with a free flowing system or you will most likely get deceleration popping. Simple to do, I just plugged the hose and reattached it. This makes it simple to undo also.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Im a two bros guy....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just gotten myself a used Grey 2009 Versys with mileage close to 7K kms

It came with Yoshi Slip On TRDC Titanium.

As confirmed by Yoshi, no PC is required.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dont like the fact that if the bike falls to the right, the pipe is screwed, I like the under engine design because it protects it .

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
:thumb: Beautiful! I love that black with the green. :clap: Yoshimura of Japan's engineering is pretty awesome. Nice polished stainless steel tubing too. I like that it's longer than others, with a pre-muffler/resonator/expansion chamber like Leo Vince SBK GP STYLE EVOII, but without the loop. As shown on the dyno charts, it makes practically as much power with the quiet insert in, and as much torque.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-4034-1539-trc-stainlesscarbon-slip-on.aspx

Where did you buy it from, and for how much?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts