Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ed and I taking off at 7am from Lancaster Ca to Yosemite, What a day...

Glacier point closed because there were so many people up there.

Traffic chit chat..

line for the restrooms...

it was a long day :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Did I read that right- 101 miles per hour on the Max Speed? did you do that coming off the Tehachapi's?

I ride though with excellent pictures- Yosemite is in my backyard and I have yet to go there. my buddy was telling me of a ride over Tioga Pass (Hwy 120) that is just north of Yosemite. It drops down on the 395 around Mammoth and Mono Lakes. That would be a good ride for you, too.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i always wonder if such GPS readings are admissible in court. if an LEO pulls you over for speeding, or whatever, sees the GPS mounted, can he check it out?

·
Registered
254 Posts
That looks sweet! I was just in Yosemite two weeks ago with the family. It was too busy yet but then again Glacier Point was closed still. The trip in the fam van wasn't nearly as much fun as it would have been on my V!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did I read that right- 101 miles per hour on the Max Speed? did you do that coming off the Tehachapi's?

I ride though with excellent pictures- Yosemite is in my backyard and I have yet to go there. my buddy was telling me of a ride over Tioga Pass (Hwy 120) that is just north of Yosemite. It drops down on the 395 around Mammoth and Mono Lakes. That would be a good ride for you, too.
I am not sure where I hit that speed, but we did go that way, 58 to the 99 then to the 41. We were going to go the 395 to the 120 way, but it was closed from that side.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If a cop were to check the GPS they have no way to now where your top speed occurred so just tell him you just came from a track day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts