Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! Made a slight handlebar adjustment. Can’t believe the difference in the way the bike feels. I’ve never messed with a handlebar setting before in my life. I always thought the bike was prepared the way it should be from the factory. Today. I made a slight adjustment about an inch to a to an inch and a half further forward. For me the bike really feels great! Should have tried this earlier. So if you haven’t ever messed with the handlebars, it’s an option to try!

· Registered
362 Posts
Wow! Made a slight handlebar adjustment. Can’t believe the difference in the way the bike feels. I’ve never messed with a handlebar setting before in my life. I always thought the bike was prepared the way it should be from the factory. Today. I made a slight adjustment about an inch to a to an inch and a half further forward. For me the bike really feels great! Should have tried this earlier. So if you haven’t ever messed with the handlebars, it’s an option to try!
Same here - never moved a handlebar on any of my bikes.

Reactions: The Wicked One

· Registered
1,792 Posts
Adjust the brake and clutch levers too. Get it set up so that your fingers naturally meet the lever at the proper angle and distance. You should be able to easily brake with two fingers. If the levers are set too high, the increased fractions of a second that it takes to reach the brake lever could be critical. Less hand strain too.

For handlebar adjustment, I like to sit on the bike, close my eyes and lift my arms to the point where it naturally feels the bar should be. Open eyes and check the actual handlebar position and adjust it to suit.

· Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
832 Posts
Adjust the brake and clutch levers too. Get it set up so that your fingers naturally meet the lever at the proper angle and distance. You should be able to easily brake with two fingers. If the levers are set too high, the increased fractions of a second that it takes to reach the brake lever could be critical. Less hand strain too.

For handlebar adjustment, I like to sit on the bike, close my eyes and lift my arms to the point where it naturally feels the bar should be. Open eyes and check the actual handlebar position and adjust it to suit.
Totally agree, I take a wrench along and go for a ride for effect. Sometimes a tweak or two makes a difference. For me can make a difference in hands going numb

· Registered
2016 650 Versys, 2022 V85 Guzzi, 2017 V7III Guzzi, 2001 EV Guzzi 2016 V7II Guzzi
85 Posts
That $8.00 an hour high school kid that set up your bike has no idea what shape you are. I spend weeks getting everything set for me and in many cases that means the gear and brake levers and sometimes different handle bars. Major difference in rider comfort!

· Super Moderator
22,240 Posts
After I started racing enduros, another rider looked at my bike (a Yam DT360) and commented that I should adjust everything to FIT me. I did, and have done it to EVERY bike I've had, since.

· Premium Member
2022 Versys X 300
212 Posts
That $8.00 an hour high school kid that set up your bike has no idea what shape you are. I spend weeks getting everything set for me and in many cases that means the gear and brake levers and sometimes different handle bars. Major difference in rider comfort!
Most OEM handlebars have a small dimple that lines up with the split in the clamp. This way every bike gets its bars set up identically and ensures they don't hit anything full chock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts