Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its not a bike for the road... or off road... but the other day i got a 198?(86-88) wet jet 428 water bike :3

in alright shape for the nothing i paid for it :D

today i got it started and running. and ordered some parts it needed. still need a few things but its coming along

some of the things ill need are battery.
a bit of body work.
a hood (was missing)
and i think the carb is missing one of its mixture screws (looks like its missing one) but it could be a multi use mold for the body of the carb and that one isnt used.
of and a trailer to haul it.
if you know anything about these hit me up :)

pics to come later

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
Silvie - I used the least expensive H-F trailer kit to make a trailer for my Versys, twice, and did it w/ the 12" wheels. This one:

https://www.google.com/search?q=harbor+freight+trailer&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjz5ryys4bcAhWVFTQIHYOIAEgQ7AkIag&biw=1339&bih=818#imgrc=cFh_fxFSrhuxbM:

Here's a pic of it being used:

It's probably TOO small for a water-bike, but they DO have kits to make ones that are 4' x 8', and (FWIW) - I made back ALL my $ PLUS when I sold them both.

:thumb: - :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Silvie - I used the least expensive H-F trailer kit to make a trailer for my Versys, twice, and did it w/ the 12" wheels. This one:

https://www.google.com/search?q=harbor+freight+trailer&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjz5ryys4bcAhWVFTQIHYOIAEgQ7AkIag&biw=1339&bih=818#imgrc=cFh_fxFSrhuxbM:

It's probably TOO small for a water-bike, but they DO have kits to make ones that are 4' x 8', and (FWIW) - I made back ALL my $ PLUS when I sold them both.

I do believe that's the shortest trailer tongue I've ever seen!!! Does the front tire actually touch the back of your car? :surprise:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

actually i already have a 4X8 harbor freight trailer that ive had for years and has hauled 100's of bikes. but now has been retired to be a honey bucket for when i pump my mother in laws septic tank. so if i dont come across a trailer for around $100 or less ill probably take the tank off it when im not using it for pumping and rebuild a deck for the jet ski and my boat

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Years ago I built a similar kit trailer for my '82 Kawi KZ550. That trailer was a trooper, hauling the bike all across the country without any problems at all. Being low to the ground made it real easy to load/unload. A cheap and solid solution.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
I do believe that's the shortest trailer tongue I've ever seen!!! Does the front tire actually touch the back of your car? :surprise:
NEVER did, but I don't think I ever turned "sharply" enough to find out......

IF you look closely - you can see that I DID move the axle back to get some 'tongue-weight'.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
found out today after some more research that the one i have is a 1987

1 - 8 of 8 Posts