Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's another noob. I don't own a versys, but am seriously considering it. My current bike is a 2000 Concours (C10, obviously). I've had Connies for 10 years or so, but I've been thinking about downsizing a bit for a while. I'm in my 50s and sportbike seating doesn't work for me for long, so I've been looking for something (1) still sporty, and (2) that I can tour on once in a while.

I've been looking seriously at Triumph Tigers (both 1050 & 800) and almost went for a sweet used 1050. I kind of liked the Versys, but didn't seriously consider such a "little" bike. However, after reading some posts here, I'm thinking it might be the thing for me. So, here I am.....

pat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome, I had a tiger 1050 and while it was a nice bike, I could not touch the ground at 5'9" so I got rid of it, now I have a goldwing gl1800 and a 650 LT and its great for commuting and around town, glad I bought it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I have no problem with the height, love the Tiger, and that is an amazing engine, but I just started thinking...why not small and light?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
:welcome: from San Antonio, TX. I recently turned 70 so I'm no longer interested in the "monkey humping a football" riding style. I appreciate the Versys for it's relative light weight and simplicity, the upright riding position, and something else but I'm old and I forgot what it is. :D

All in all it's a very good machine -that I remember!

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got one now

OK, I was finally able to take a test ride today.

A couple of hours later and I'm now the owner of a brand new (leftover) 2014. Man, is this thing FUN! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I too am in my (very late) 50s and decided to downsize. I think it has been a great decision for me. I'm far happier with something that I ride often, rather than something I had to fight every time I took it out. I don't need to go to the chiropractor anymore either...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts