Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have tried to search unsuccessfully for a thread comparing the pros and cons of the different years of the Versys?any advantage n one year or another
(from 2007 to 2012) I am looking at some used bikes and want to make the best purchase possible. i live in canada by the way.

Cheers and thank you

P

·
Premium Member
16,106 Posts
Basically the same bikes. In 2010 they made them uglier and added rubber to a couple of places.:D

·
Registered
531 Posts
You have the Gen1 (the baboons arse headlight one) and the Gen2 (the much more aesthetically pleasing looker). Main differences is the Gen2 isn't as vibey, but it's still a parallel twin, so don't expect IL4 smoothness.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
2010 and later has Z1000 mirrors... Which by all reports give you a more stable picture of what's going on back there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx guys, the research I was able to get done suggested few differences, when did the 'gen2' iteration come on the market?

Cheers P

·
Registered
642 Posts
Of course "passion red" '08s are the fastest. That is why they were sold first in the USA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im in the mountains of BC, a little place called Fernie. These are all sharp looking bikes!
thanks guys, im really looking forward to sorting this before the snow is all melted!

Cheers P

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I like the looks of the older V. And garage appeal is important to me.

On the other hand, I've read less complaints of wind noise on the newer ones.

Read the 4 bike comparison article in the January issue of Cycle World. They ended up liking the VStrom the best.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in the "gen2 looks WAY better" camp myself. In terms of color I'm partial to the burnt orange or yellow but it turns out the V at the right price at the right time for me was 2011, so red it is!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm also in the gen2 camp. I went with red since all my gear was red (previous/first bike was a red KLR) so my bike options in my mind were either red or black and I don't want a black bike. Call me paranoid, but I want my vehicle as visible as possible (red bike, bright blue car).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts