Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i know thers alot of tire thread
my front tire is about to get ready for a change, i was looking on the web for new front tire , i have a bridgstone bt 023 rear , i was looking for the price of the same tire in front, and came accross the conti motion at 67$ on ebay.
i looked at youtube for reviews and they say its one of the most under rated tire, anyone in here tried them on the Versys.
i am a Volkswagen maniac and always put continental tires on my car , runs smooth and gives great perfomance, so they should be as realiable on bike??:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
419 Posts
The owners themselves will probably pipe up soon enough, but in case they don't: I haven't personally seen anyone on this forum that has those tires say that they dislike them; at least a few have called them out as their favorite tire.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
Without my AZ records in front of me (hard to do, as they're about 1,700 miles SOUTH right now...):

I BELIEVE I've run THREE full sets of Continental ContiMotions between the two Vs, and I was VERY happy w/ them! In fact I'm TRYING to give away the front 120/70 which I took off just before heading to AK - it probably has another 5 to 8,000 kms in it.

ONLY reason I'm not still running them...?

BOTH Vs now run Metzler Tourance, 130/80 and 150/70 tires.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont do much dirt roads ,since i have street tires of my bike , but i have to admit theres alot of nice dirt roads here in quebec , but when you go on tarmac whit the tourance tires is it smooth? does it handles well in corners?

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
i dont do much dirt roads ,since i have street tires of my bike , but i have to admit theres alot of nice dirt roads here in quebec , but when you go on tarmac whit the tourance tires is it smooth? does it handles well in corners?
Yes and yes. (But I'm not trying to "drag a knee" either!)

About the only time they are anything but smooth is when I'm moving a V around in the garage. Then you can feel the transition from one tread-block to the next.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I've used two ContiMotion rear tires on bikes. Both times they were the only tire I could get while away from home and in need of a tire. One on the Versys and one on the Concours.

I liked it fine on the Versys and kept it until it wore out, but I prefer the tread pattern of the Shinko Raven for the rear.

Haven't put many miles on it on the Concours so no opinion there yet.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
Yes and yes. (But I'm not trying to "drag a knee" either!)

About the only time they are anything but smooth is when I'm moving a V around in the garage. Then you can feel the transition from one tread-block to the next.
BTW - I run 36 psi F, 42 R, and have since I picked up my first V in '08, on WHATEVER tires I'm running.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've run two sets of the Conti Motions...that tells you something, right?
I DID purchase a second set...:D

I think most anyone would be happy with those tires...I was.

It's just that, for me, the Shinko 009 Ravens are better tires for about the same price (or often less). On my bike, they last a little longer and are a bit more confidence inspiring in general. Compare the two in person, side by side. To me, the Shinko just seems thicker, stiffer, a more "substantial" tire. Maybe that is just in my head...the last set of Conti Motions I had, the front tire developed a slow leak about halfway through its life...not a huge deal, but I was having to stop to add air more often than I would like....

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am on my 3rd set of Conti-Motions and I really like them. For my money, they are a great value. I get about 12K out of a set and they seem to work well in all conditions. I have complete confidence in them in the wet and in the dry. I probably would not do track days on them, but I have pushed them plenty hard in the twisties and they have never let me down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts