Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must be the "oldtimers" getting to me, but I saw a Yammi 750 triple at the shop I was at earlier today. Wasn't aware Yamaha made any triples. Guess I was too busy riding the old 72/3 Suzuki T-500 2 stroke to notice, sorry I missed them. Turns out...

"This bike received rave reviews in Cycle World, who called it a "Bargain BMW" and rated it one of their top 10 bikes in the world in 1976."

A triple with shaft drive, hmm,:interesting:

Got a link here from wiki if anyone wants a look...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_XS750#1977_XS750_.E2.80.9C2D.E2.80.9D

Anyone have one of these bad boys in the past? What were they like?:cheers:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Those "oldtimer" bike had character :). I sometimes ride with my dad's biker group called the Penang Oldies. Most of them are 50 above and love their old designed bikes.
What I love about riding with them guys are they take their time riding, enjoying the sights and don't brag.

My brothers (4 others) and myself were under a bike transition program under my dad. First we started riding 100 cc bike. Next rides were:
* Note: bikes are identical but in different colors.

The great Honda CB350 (Our's had a front disc brake)

The Honda CBX 750 (had an ex-police bike but minus the sirens and lights)

The legendary Kawasaki KLR 650 Tengai

Then we upgraded to the BMW PD and GS. Great fun all of them bikes...:D

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
While not at all familiar with the Tengai, the 350 and 750 were a couple of great bikes in the day and served their respective purposes well.

I do like the modern bikes of today very much, but I think in some cases something has been lost over time. Though I don't miss parts falling off the older bikes regularly, I do find the "plastic" looking bikes of today a little...well...too plastic looking. And dare I say perhaps a "little" over engineered! The Versys appeared, to me, less plasticy(not really a word, but) than others, and nothing has fallen off it yet! BONUS!

I think the KLE is a modern package of these older examples. When looking at a bike it's nice to see a "bike" there, not a whack of plastic that needs replacing "when" it goes over, or removing "when" any work needs to be done.

Versys is just aces! No looking back! Well, maybe now and then....:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts