1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Tempting....I hope along with the longer suspension they've also improved it. The side view is nice but that front on view sorta reminds me of something. Oh yeah:

·
Registered
419 Posts
"Sport-tourer" apparently doesn't mean what it used to. I've personally been waiting for Triumph to knock out a Sprint 800; one wouldn't think it would require all that much development, relatively speaking. Seems like the market for that type of bike has mostly dried up, though. It'll be interesting to see for how many years the new VFR800 is on sale in the U.S. (I'm guessing two.)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
If this article is accurate Yamaha is to introduce a sport touring version of the Yamaha MT-09. They basically "Versified" the original MT-09 design giving it higher bars, an upper fairing with windshield, taller suspension and hand guards making it an adv tour styled, sport tour bike like the Versys, but with the underpinnings of the MT09.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/yamaha-mt-09-sport-tourer-coming/25397.html
I am looking forward to a sport touring version of the FZ-9... but definitely not this version! Ick! :(:badidea:

I was thinking of something more like the new Honda 650 sport tourer, or even a Triumph ST, or the new Honda 750 Interceptor.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'm hoping that last spring's reports that Yamaha applied to trademark "FJ-09" in the USA means we may still see another bike from this platform that's an FJ-type sport tourer and not an adventure tourer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts