Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still smiling as I think about pulling into a Yamaha/Suzuki dealer to take a cool down break and have some water. There were three salesman looking at my Versys through the window. I removed the tank emblems so there is no name brand visible. The first question is what is that awesome bike? A Ducati maybe an Apariiia? No guys that is a Versys! Wow never heard of that. Yes it is a Versys a bike very popular in Europe and was brought to the US in 2008. It isn't a sure thing that European design will be a hit here in the US so they only have one color available at this time and no ABS. I can tell you this is the most fun bike I have ever owned and they said well yea it looks like an awesome machine. As I left I never mentioned it was a Kawasaki so there still thinking this was an expensive European import and the Manufacture is Versys. They said well I guess you hope you never have a repair issue and I said you bet I do. I figure salesman should know their competition and if their lacking in knowledge they probably won't be very successful at sales. As of now the joke is on them, until they decide to get educated of course.

·
Registered
88 Posts
versys

Its amazing how many people never heard of a Versys......everywhere I go people ask me what kind of bike it is.....:)

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had 2 guys on liter bikes ask me about the V up in the mountains Friday...that was after I stopped at Dales (a local watering hole) and they finally caught up....

·
Registered
10 Posts
being the first to own the v on the island (Lanai City, Hawaii), I had a cop pull me over just to asked me. how the bike Handles. he's so jealous I think he rides a moped to work :D :clap:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Had a guy at TWO on Sat ask if that was the Honda that we don't get in the states! Get some strange questions with the Honda decal on it.:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yep, the Versys is an attention whore. I went to Big Bend with 2-BMW's and a KLR and everytime we stopped, what is that? I had the park ranger stop me to ask where I got my panniers. We will just have to learn to deal with it I guess.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts