Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Yamaha FZ-09; Versys rival?

30K views 132 replies 63 participants last post by  jmarleau 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#85 ·
That article was the first reference I'd seen to a US model .

It had my interest. Damping on one fork leg weakens that interest a bit though. Tank is too small to be my commute bike.

Curious to read the reviews. Wouldn't mind demoing one at IMS this year.
Isnt the versys too?

#14 ·
I guess boring is in the eye of the beholder, because that doesn't look like a boring motorcycle to me. The power-to-weight ratio, the torque, the two-wheels-and-a-motor simplicity, the triple (have you ever ridden a triple?)...and $8000? Winning formula, in my view, and a mill that can be the foundation for a whole new line of middle-weight bikes. Think FZ850 Tenere. Think FZ850 Fazer.

YMMV, but I'm excited!

#19 ·
Almost twice the hp and 40 lbs less weight for $9 less than Versys msrp....
Personally I DON'T want "Almost twice the hp", BUT I sure would love to have "40 lbs less weight"....:thumb:

My FIRST street-bike was a '62 Triumph - it had "Almost HALF the hp" and, at 398#, about "40 lbs less weight" than our Vs....

It is their first new generation triple... Now we can wait for the new mid-sized Tenere triple.
My THIRD street-bike was a '78 Yamaha XS750 (triple). OK bike, but it never really excited me towards triples....

:confused:

#20 · (Edited)
Looks like a winner, thanks for the heads up.

I like twice the HP.

I rarely ride my Versys, unless it's winter or above 100F or my 1st choice bike is being serviced.

I prefer the power, comfort, and narrow bars of my SV1000S

Almost twice the hp and 40 lbs less weight for $9 less than Versys msrp.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/122_1306_2014_yamaha_fz_09/

Very interesting...

"Moderation is the last refuge for the unimaginative." Oscar Wilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLjMBwHIYVU

#24 ·
I don't like the headlight proportions, it looks clumsy and doesnt look like it will be of any use other then for daily driving. Tank is way too small (manufacturers don't seem to get it yet that not everyone like filling the bike every 2 days when commuting, I mean my 2009 Speed Triple had 18 liters...and tank still looks sporty) For the rest, can't wait to hear what it sounds like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.