Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
This is very interesting. Wish it had about an extra gallon of fuel capacity though.

·
Registered
197 Posts
And I hate the blue/purple wheels on the graphite model. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
616 Posts
That article was the first reference I'd seen to a US model .

It had my interest. Damping on one fork leg weakens that interest a bit though. Tank is too small to be my commute bike.

Curious to read the reviews. Wouldn't mind demoing one at IMS this year.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I definitely look forward to seeing one in person. Those are some impressive power and torque numbers at that price point.

·
Registered
531 Posts
So after all the show hype, yet again Yamaha have come up with something rather.......boring.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
So after all the show hype, yet again Yamaha have come up with something rather.......boring.
I guess boring is in the eye of the beholder, because that doesn't look like a boring motorcycle to me. The power-to-weight ratio, the torque, the two-wheels-and-a-motor simplicity, the triple (have you ever ridden a triple?)...and $8000? Winning formula, in my view, and a mill that can be the foundation for a whole new line of middle-weight bikes. Think FZ850 Tenere. Think FZ850 Fazer.

YMMV, but I'm excited!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I guess boring is in the eye of the beholder, because that doesn't look like a boring motorcycle to me. The power-to-weight ratio, the torque, the two-wheels-and-a-motor simplicity, the triple (have you ever ridden a triple?)...and $8000? Winning formula, in my view, and a mill that can be the foundation for a whole new line of middle-weight bikes. Think FZ850 Tenere. Think FZ850 Fazer.

115bhp @ 10,500 rpm, 62ftlb @ 8500, 188kg wet weight.....doesn't exactly inspire to be honest, plus a 14 litre fuel tank giving a claimed range of approx 150 miles. You'll spend plenty of time filling her up, I guess. It will be a foundation for a whole raft of bikes as you hope and I hope better ones than this. I guess I was wishing for something more inspirational from Mr Yamaha.

And yes, I have ridden a few (Triumph) triples in my time.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
That's a street triple rival! Decisions decisions..... :yeahsmile:

·
Super Moderator
19,947 Posts
Almost twice the hp and 40 lbs less weight for $9 less than Versys msrp....
Personally I DON'T want "Almost twice the hp", BUT I sure would love to have "40 lbs less weight"....:thumb:

My FIRST street-bike was a '62 Triumph - it had "Almost HALF the hp" and, at 398#, about "40 lbs less weight" than our Vs....

It is their first new generation triple... Now we can wait for the new mid-sized Tenere triple.
My THIRD street-bike was a '78 Yamaha XS750 (triple). OK bike, but it never really excited me towards triples....

:confused:

·
Banned
349 Posts
Looks like a winner, thanks for the heads up.

I like twice the HP.

I rarely ride my Versys, unless it's winter or above 100F or my 1st choice bike is being serviced.

I prefer the power, comfort, and narrow bars of my SV1000S

Almost twice the hp and 40 lbs less weight for $9 less than Versys msrp.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/122_1306_2014_yamaha_fz_09/

Very interesting...

"Moderation is the last refuge for the unimaginative." Oscar Wilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLjMBwHIYVU

1 - 20 of 133 Posts