xD not the first person to have that exact same thing done to them

·
Registered
4,742 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put a zipper on his back and you can have a passenger that also carries some supplies for you. :grin2:

That will get you noticed on the road.
You laugh - but I know that you've hung around Deal's Gap and seen some of the curiosities on the back of bikes.

:grin2:

Is there something about 2-strokes and Gumby? There was a group running vintage 2-stroke bikes and they mostly all had a Gumby tied on there somewhere, and there was one young lady dressed in a full-sized Gumby suit - and off she went on a nice RD400.
:smile2::smile2::smile2:

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
You laugh - but I know that you've hung around Deal's Gap and seen some of the curiosities on the back of bikes.

:grin2:

Is there something about 2-strokes and Gumby? There was a group running vintage 2-stroke bikes and they mostly all had a Gumby tied on there somewhere, and there was one young lady dressed in a full-sized Gumby suit - and off she went on a nice RD400.
:smile2::smile2::smile2:
Yep, hamming it up for the photographers. LOL! Man, there is an RD400 at a dealer within an hour of me. If it were yellow I would have to go down and ask for a test ride.

I've been to the Dragon a few times. :wink2:

The very first time I didn't even know it was "The Tail of the Dragon" until I got to Deal's gap. Just another winding mountain road that got some good marketing behind it.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice collection!
Rob in KC - only one, lonely Versys 650 :(
My Wife likes nothing better than to go riding (as a passenger). :smile2:..... and she simply loves motorcycles.

This is good, because I buy neglected motorcycles and give them new life and then sell them. It's a great winter hobby. Over the years, our personal collection has improved.

But, I have to say that I miss my V650.

·
Registered
445 Posts
It's not easy being green! I took a screen shot of your collection and told my wife to see if she saw anything familiar. She did a great job and saw my old license plate on your wall. I am really happy for you that your wife likes riding with you. My wife has decided to sell her motorcycle and will not ride on the back of mine. There is still some slim chance that when I get very feeble and have to get a CanAm she might join me on that. The principal problem is she gets scared if she does not have a cage around her. That is the reason I keep my old Jeep Cherokee. The field of view is one of the things I like so much about motorcycle riding. So, some day I may just Sawzall the top and pillars and windshield off of the Cherokee, don my helmet, and cruise the back roads.

Reactions: kballowe
1 - 13 of 13 Posts