Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted an xcreen adjustable windscreen to my oem 2015 LT windscreen. With the screen on the lowest setting and the xcreen angled almost flat, I am able to ride with my helmet shield open with almost no buffeting. With my oem screen Al the way up and the xcreen in the same upright position, I make a very nice pocket at 65-70mph. I have to look through the xcreen though at that height and I got a little disoriented and felt queasy after some time. Still worth the $120 for the clamp on. It barely fits. You have to finagle it a bit because the oem screen is 9.5 inches. The xcreen is 10.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I fitted an xcreen adjustable windscreen to my oem 2015 LT windscreen. With the screen on the lowest setting and the xcreen angled almost flat, I am able to ride with my helmet shield open with almost no buffeting. With my oem screen Al the way up and the xcreen in the same upright position, I make a very nice pocket at 65-70mph. I have to look through the xcreen though at that height and I got a little disoriented and felt queasy after some time. Still worth the $120 for the clamp on. It barely fits. You have to finagle it a bit because the oem screen is 9.5 inches. The xcreen is 10.
How about a pic? I didn't think anything could be put on the tiny stock shield, but it may be pretty nice. Good job.

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It works well. It's very adjustable so I would see it work for lots of people at varying heights. It's also super easy to move to any of my other bikes in a minute or two. It even fits on my smax scooter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Something to note. I discovered this yesterday. If you are riding around on tight back roads where the speeds are less than 50ish mph, the xscreen wobbles a lot. The oem screen is obviously not designed to support weight. The xcreen's clamps are made of metal. So it has substantial weight. I didn't care for that. Once on the highway, the wind preloads the screen a bit and it's not as noticeable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On a sportbike screen that has zero flex...it's awesome. On my ninja, it made a nice clean air pocket with no buffeting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I recently added an X-Screen to my MRA sport shield. Nothing but good things to say about it. NOTE: it's a hell of a lot cheaper to buy the MRA shield already equipped with the X-Screen than it is to retrofit it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wasn't aware that xcreen made a shield until after I bought the deflector. I have a friend who had one on his Bandit 1250. I borrowed it to see if I liked it. After I returned it, I googled and ordered. I don't think they have a screen for the 2015 LT yet.

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
...I don't think they have a screen for the 2015 LT yet.
I BELIEVE that the pics at the start (the 'clear' ones...) are of a 2015.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts