Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: 2019 X300. I removed the OE handle bar weights to install Bark Busters to protect my levers.

I now have a horrible vibration in the handlebars. Any suggestions on how to reduce the vibration besides putting the OE bar weights back on?

I've seen a recommendation for Rox Anti-vibe Risers. This said, I am short so not sure raising the bars is a good idea.
Also, I believe the stock cables are too short for the riser.

Any find anything that works?

Thanks for your feedback and all the best!

·
Super Moderator
20,928 Posts
FWIW - I have 2" ROX RISERS on both my V650s (one anti-vibe, one 'plain'), and they work WELL w/ OEM cables.

HOPE this helps.

And... WELCOME aboard!

·
Registered
Vx300 Don’t fear the Revs!
400 Posts
I’ve heard the same thing after putting bark busters on the 300 from others, and cable length issues using risers too. So it’s not just you. Don’t know if a solution was found? Besides nixing the bark busters...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going on a long off-road ride Sunday. We'll see if drives me to remove the bark busters.

Amazing the engineering in the OE bar weights.

·
Registered
2017 Versys-X 300, 2020 Z900RS Cafe
67 Posts
I got a set of teardrop barkbuster barend weights and longer stainless screws from Amazon that allowed me to use them with the X300 specific barkbuster set, this reduced the vibration considerably and to a suitable level. I was going to use the anti-vibration rox risers but they wouldn't play nicely with my brake lines (ABS model). My next venture once I replace the bars with protapers or something else nicer than stock, will be to fill them with silicone and see if that makes it even better.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Kawasaki Versys X300 2017-2021 (beyond?) T-Rex branded Barkbusters install detail that you need to know. The T-Rex install video is lacking in a lot of information to get the T-Rex Part Number: "N50-17HandGuards" onto the Versys X300. LINK: https://www.t-rex-racing.com/ProductD...

To finish with a really stout set up that will be solid and offers the most protection compared to most other products please watch this video. I have other Versys X300 upgrade videos on the T-Rex Heavy Duty Skid Plate, attaching the HD skid plate to the Kawasaki crash bars (strongly suggest this upgrade) and install of a JT Sprockets 15 Tooth Rubber Cushion sprocket (using genuine Kawasaki parts and JT sprocket). Other videos are full LED make over of the Versys X300 lights and some electronics. My video LINK: Kawasaki Versys X300 2017-2021 T-Rex branded Barkbusters Install detail you need to know - YouTube

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a set of teardrop barkbuster barend weights and longer stainless screws from Amazon that allowed me to use them with the X300 specific barkbuster set, this reduced the vibration considerably and to a suitable level. I was going to use the anti-vibration rox risers but they wouldn't play nicely with my brake lines (ABS model). My next venture once I replace the bars with protapers or something else nicer than stock, will be to fill them with silicone and see if that makes it even better.
Thanks for the insight! I will order a set of the bar-end weights.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Weird. Have handguards and flags on my 300, with the bar end weights removed and can feel no difference. 2020 model

·
Registered
362 Posts
I used the rox risers and shorter protaper handlebars with stock cables I think the bars did more for vibration than the risers personally. I love it now though.

Tossed my "bark busters" and got heated grips and folding levers instead.

Check my post if curious lots of details.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the rox risers and shorter protaper handlebars with stock cables I think the bars did more for vibration than the risers personally. I love it now though.

Tossed my "bark busters" and got heated grips and folding levers instead.

Check my post if curious lots of details.
You say you put on folding levers, what brand/model and where did you purchase them? You still like them? I can't find them on the internet. Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Versys-X 300 2021 Z900RS
86 Posts
I have Barkbuster Handguards and do not have a vibration problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts