Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Vx300
95 Posts
I suspect they would have added a separate line item charge had I asked for inspection. Then again for plugs in the thread poster’s case, even though much of the work overlaps. Oil change? That’s just too easy to pay for factory service. I considered doing the valves myself, but decided it was worth it to not be bothered.

·
Registered
Vx300
95 Posts
My understandIng is the plugs require taking much apart to access. The same stuff as for doing the valves I’m guessing, but I can see a 2-2.5 hr rate for that. Another hour for and oil change and parts. I can see it getting to 740 unless u can get them to give u a break on changing the plugs while everything is already apart for the valves.

·
Premium Member
9,406 Posts
No experience on the X300, but experience on the 07 650 Versys and the 2015 650 Versys. Tight exhaust on the 07 at 25,000 KM and on the 2015 at 11,000, just did my second valve shim, post is elsewhere on the forum ./ Short story, the work I did at 11,000 KM which had tight intake and exhaust ,remains the same as I set it in 2017, so turn around was much faster at 35,000 KM March 2021.
The largest time spent is removing and installing the plastic and valve cover , air box, throttle bodies, clutch cable and throttle cable. Yes after fighting with the 2015 once, and ending up removing everything as described, this time I just did it. To get a valve shim done where adjustments are needed, if you get it under $600 USA you are doing good, if they took the time to give before and after measurements, do everyone a favour and give the name and location, as they are a rare find.
here is my march post;

·
Registered
800 Posts
as I wrote, the top of 300x is more difficult to access than 650; too much stuff there on top. it took my mechanic maybe 3h, including changing or sanding the shims. here, in Thailand, it is not expensive. I payed 75 USD, including the tip.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts