Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a "senile moment". While walking around my parked Versys in my garage, I hit the right turn signal which snapped into 2 pieces. ... not proud of that move!
Note: The little retaining metal washers under the fairing were removed years ago. IMHO the turn signal assembly should have "disconnected" from the fairing, but it didn't.

I'm quite sure that I can repair it but, in the mean time, I'm looking for 4 OEM Versys turn signals (I tend to believe that Gen2 turn signals could also fit).

If you have 1 or all 4 of these, please send me a PM.

Thank you! :coffee:

·
Premium Member
11,120 Posts
The ninja 650 is identical on the rear. Bought them at the wrecker.

Reactions: quexpress

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured that might be the case Glen but was not sure. Do you know if your wrecker has the front ones? :cool:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of gluing it but wasn't sure that it would hold. Thus the reason for looking for another one ... just in case. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I snapped mine in two Normand and glued it back together with some gooey plastic weld, I think it was the JB liquid 2 part epoxy...
In your case, was it the black plastic part such as on mine?

Thanks!

·
Registered
997 Posts
In your case, was it the black plastic part such as on mine?
Same break, I had a little low side. I used a liquid epoxy, JB plastic weld I think. I try all kinds of stuff. Could be a little messy look on the outside but I found an auto paint at Canuck tire that matches the housing and all the other bits on the Kawi so I cleaned up the fix and rattle canned it. If you get that far PM me and Ill tell you the paint I found!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I'd love to know the paint code at Canadian Tire. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did the exact same thing earlier this year. Tried to squeeze by in the garage and "just brushed" the front turn signal with my hip.
At first I was going to use it as an excuse to go to LED turn signals. Then thought better.
I bought some Loctite Plastics Bonding System for $3.47. It's at 2 part superglue. Held it together for a minute then let it cure overnight. Gave it a wack test before installing. It passed and has held up so far.
You have to look closely to notice that it was repaired.

·
Premium Member
11,120 Posts
ZX 10R signal lights on a 2015 Versys 650 Completed-Now all I got to do is find out what happened to my charging system-perfect yesterday-nothing today ABSOLUTELY NO output. Suspect the OEM female regulator connector to my header plug.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts