Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never seen this before on any of the motorcycles I have owned. I was doing my first oil change today and I noticed some writing in paint beside where the oil filter goes. There is also a lot of dabs of paint on various fasteners like you would do to make sure they are not coming loose. Then looking at the back of the engine under the fender there are several numbers and letters in different color paints. All of these look to be done by hand.

Anyone else notice this on their new bikes.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Many important fasteners have dabs of paint to indicate what colour locktite to use. The serial number is stamped into the engine block down near the oil filter, but I've never noticed anything painted by hand down there or under the back fender. It's a mystery.

·
Registered
50 Posts
good morning,

a lot of those markings happen during assembly by the line workers....they have check list for proper torque, etc....also on final inspection, lets the last guy in line know all the proper sequences have been followed...they are all over my Mercury outboard and my chevy truck...and my new er6-n...

pule vida,
FREE TEXAS,
bluebonnet2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts