Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to Schlotzsky's for an early lunch and was almost there when a guy opened his passenger door while i was splitting past....

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Atgatt

Luckily you had the hand guards, it could have been a lot worse. Something to consider, I installed bright white running LED on my Barkbusters, also signal lights.I used the original signal lights to drive a relay for each side, normally closed contact is the running light and normally open drives the yellow LED , and toggles off the running light for the signal side . Cost $5 a relay including wiring harness and socket, I purchased a lot of 5 for $20 plus shipping.The relays were 40 amp, but no worries, so $10 for 2 relays and some wiring, the LED strips were like $20 total. So if you are in a car, you see a much wider illumination than just the headlight. But if you don't look or have a blind spot, well no amount of light will help. In your case, the guy couldn't have looked, it appears you were at his rear bumper when he opened the door.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Luckily you had the hand guards, it could have been a lot worse. Something to consider, I installed bright white running LED on my Barkbusters, also signal lights.

Yep, They were the stock hand guards but they did their job. I still have all my fingers..:grin2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, those handguards are worth every penny you spent on them. Shame about the bike, but glad to see you weren't hurt.

Thanks i'm good, The hand guards took a good hit so no complaints from me

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dayamn! Dude! Why did he say he opened the door? If I was visiting California, I wouldn't think about it, but would still wonder why I would need to open the door if I am not against the curb.

The guy in the car to the right was trying to tell him his gas cap door wasn't closed. So the guy opened his door to hear him because his window didn't work.:mad::mad:

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
The guy in the car to the right was trying to tell him his gas cap door wasn't closed. So the guy opened his door to hear him because his window didn't work.:mad::mad:
What a freaking idiot! How did he think he was going to close the door? I just motion to the driver that I don't have power windows. You will be sore tomorrow for sure. Hope he is fully insured.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Amaaaazing how the attitude shifts when you let him know you could prove him a dips###. Glad you walked away from that one, but you may still find some pain in a day or two.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a freaking idiot! How did he think he was going to close the door? I just motion to the driver that I don't have power windows. You will be sore tomorrow for sure. Hope he is fully insured.

He didn't want to hang around for the cops so i was on the phone with the 911 operator and told her he was going to take off. So she told me to get his plate so i walked behind his car and read the plate number off to her. So he waited a few minutes and decided to let me see his license but no insurance. When the hot little asian police woman was taking my statement 2 moto-cops pulled up so they ran the tag and with the description of him they believe the car belongs to his father. I carry full coverage so I'll let AAA hash all that out. I'll be taking my bike to the dealership on thursday so the adjuster can look at it and the dealership will fix it.:yeahsmile::yeahsmile:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Amaaaazing how the attitude shifts when you let him know you could prove him a dips###. Glad you walked away from that one, but you may still find some pain in a day or two.

Yea, I got my Advil handy.:smile2: The camera makes them honest thats why mine is always on because you just never know. I already sent the video to the police and insurance....

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
"your going to damn fast" ya 12 mph is braking some speed records there.... what a cunt for opening your door when on the road,

Reactions: weljo2001

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"your going to damn fast" ya 12 mph is braking some speed records there.... what a cunt for opening your door when on the road,

Yep i would have been going slower if we were closer to the light.

·
Registered
746 Posts
How you feeling today? I know you usually are a little sore the next day. Hopefully the dealership has some rental bikes for you to use so you will not be out
of a bike for to long.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How you feeling today? I know you usually are a little sore the next day. Hopefully the dealership has some rental bikes for you to use so you will not be out
of a bike for to long.

I feel pretty good. Just a few aches here and there. The bike is rideable so I'm hoping once i take the bike in and they do their assessment that I'll be able to take the bike back until they get in the parts they need to order. Might be wishful thinking on my part but I'll ask anyway.:smile2:

·
Registered
746 Posts
I feel pretty good. Just a few aches here and there. The bike is rideable so I'm hoping once i take the bike in and they do their assessment that I'll be able to take the bike back until they get in the parts they need to order. Might be wishful thinking on my part but I'll ask anyway.:smile2:
Glad to hear. Let us know what the dealership says.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good News….. The police officer that worked the wreck just called and told me that the whole department viewed the video. Everyone there agreed that the guy driving the jeep was 100% at fault. She had already spoken to him to let him know and he wanted to work something out without having to go through our insurance but i told her “No” so she will let him know…:yeahsmile::yeahsmile::yeahsmile:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts