Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There! Just bought my 08 Versys on Saturday, after a test ride. Too icy to bring home. :( It was a "demo" bike (actually, it was one of the owner's rides, no one else.) Comes with OEM saddlebags, gel seat, and visor add-on to the windshield. I've not got a lot of mc experience--about 3,000 mi on a 650 V Star--but I aim to correct that with this baby. Dreaming & scheming to ride to Colorado for the AMA women's conference this year.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi There! Just bought my 08 Versys on Saturday, after a test ride. Too icy to bring home. :( It was a "demo" bike (actually, it was one of the owner's rides, no one else.) Comes with OEM saddlebags, gel seat, and visor add-on to the windshield. I've not got a lot of mc experience--about 3,000 mi on a 650 V Star--but I aim to correct that with this baby. Dreaming & scheming to ride to Colorado for the AMA women's conference this year.
:welcome:

Got any pics of the bike? Sounds pretty nice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, when is the AMA conference? I am down in Albuquerque, would ride up easy
It is August 19-22 in Keystone, CO. If you go to www.womenridersnow.com, you will see a section on the left about the AMA conference and a section called "conference connections"--it is where other riders are posting to see if there is a group near them.
Where is it too icy to bring it home-i.e. where are you from?
Columbus, Ohio--yes, we've had 4 warm days now, but our street never gets plowed or sanded. With the snow, freezing rain, and ice all being driven on, it had about 4 inches of solid ice on it. Maybe in the morning it will all be gone.
Got any pics of the bike? Sounds pretty nice.
I think so, too! I only have one pic, but it's not on this computer.

I've got a note in to Motowerks to double check that the standard lowering kit will do. I can touch one foot down on the bike, but my husband is really, really, really nervous that I can't get both feet down simultaneously. I don't mind it, but he sure does.

I'm so glad to have this website! It's been a fountain of information in less than 24 hours :thanx:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts