Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! Talk about waking up a sleeping giant.....I just replaced my OEM chain with an EK 520 MVXZ chain in Red, a 14T front sprocket and 46T rear by Superlite and man what a difference!!! ALOT more get up and go than previously......ALOT more low end take off power! Going down in the front by 1T and lightening up the rear spocket really makes a difference! Got all 3 in a combo package for a little over $175 at SpocketCenter.com.....bought the chain tool as well and the install was fairly easy.....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Willie Flo:

Can't find parts for Versys on Sprocketcentre.com. Wondering which bike's parts you chose?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Willie Flo:

Can't find parts for Versys on Sprocketcentre.com. Wondering which bike's parts you chose?

Thanks
Ninja 650r. I believe the stock rear sprocket is the same, and the front is 16t instead of 15t on the Verseys.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
774 Posts
Have you checked your RPMs at 70mph? I could use a little more bottom end but don't want to be killing it on the freeway.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you checked your RPMs at 70mph? I could use a little more bottom end but don't want to be killing it on the freeway.
Went up just under 500 rpm's at 70 mph.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts