Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm new to bikes, and can't remember the original angle the lever set at.

I dropped it today at 0mph. I was pulling it out of my backyard, on really wet grass. Brake lever dug itself into mud. Picked it back up, little damage, except it appears the brake lever is about 5 degrees from where it should be . It seems to still work smoothly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grumble, grumble. I can't go 2 weeks without this thing while waiting for levers ! Does nobody anywhere maintain an inventory of these things?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Check your local Kawi dealer if you need it right away. The lever is the same one used on the Ninja 650R and EX500. I'd think they'd have to stock at least one. This is only if you need it right away or I'd go to bikebandit.com no question.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check your local Kawi dealer if you need it right away. The lever is the same one used on the Ninja 650R and EX500. I'd think they'd have to stock at least one. This is only if you need it right away or I'd go to bikebandit.com no question.
That's the problem. Nearest kawi dealer is 45 miles away; and they don't carry it. I take it they're not a very serious dealership.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I couldn't find any dealers that had parts in stock in Atlanta. I was able to order the parts online from a local dealer and pick them up, which saved me shipping charges and another 3 or 4 days.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the same thing when I bought mine back in Oct. 2007. I just bent it back into place (or a comfortable, useful place) and it's been fine ever since. . .

·
Registered
318 Posts
What about upgrading? I replaced my brake and clutch with Pazzo levers and love the extra feel I'm getting with them. It's more expensive,but it's an option.

·
Registered
31 Posts
levers

go to motomummy and order a set of pazzos. they are not cheap but wil literally transform the riding experience. it is like night and day - incredibly precise and of the highest precision and materials. Bolt on in 10 minutes. there are no better levers for the V.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts