Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Work trip beautiful Queenstown, NZ

Have just come back from a 3 day team review work trip at beautiful Queenstown so thought some of you may enjoy the photo's.

A few shots of road on way down there, about 5 hrs by car from my place, the photo's of the frost were taken about miday.

We had to go up here to have a team discusion.

A few shots of the twin screw steamer Earnslaw, 22 years ago we went here for a honeymoon, i took her on a romantic evening cruise, piano music etc but wolfed down my evening meal to go below to look at the engine, she was not impressed!

Up to the skyline resturant and our conference and most important some fun on the luge.

Stop at a winery for some tasting of some real great wines on way home.

·
Registered
57 Posts
work trip

Thanks for the photos Kiwi 41, they bring back lots of memories of our visit to your beautiful country!

My wife and I did a day trip on the boat in'87. I too had to go down to the engine room for a facinating look.:clap:

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the photos Kiwi 41, they bring back lots of memories of our visit to your beautiful country!

My wife and I did a day trip on the boat in'87. I too had to go down to the engine room for a facinating look.:clap:
The earnslaw is a 100 years old this year and when we looked on it they were just finishing off a major overhaul that was 2 weeks behind schedule so we could not go for a cruise but since most of our team are boiler operators they took us onboard while servicing was happening.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Kiwi. Middle Earth is certainly a spectacular place. It must be terribly demanding to live there, but then someone has to do it, don't they? :D:D Too bad it isn't me and my charming spouse.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for sharing, Kiwi. Middle Earth is certainly a spectacular place. It must be terribly demanding to live there, but then someone has to do it, don't they? :D:D Too bad it isn't me and my charming spouse.
When they release the Hobbit I believe tourism NZ has invested some big $$ in with warner bro's to promote NZ so i would say there would be some good deals on a trip down under. A friend of mine is planning a group trip around south island in 3rd week of jan on bikes and we will do between 3000 to 3500 km so come and join us.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Amazing thanks for sharing :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts