Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finalized everything. Pick my new ride up on Friday. And the weather here in Atlanta is supposed to be up in the 50's so will get to ride also :D :yeahsmile::yeahsmile:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congratulations Opie! I've been lurking around the forums for a little while and actually put a deposit down on a Green V in Saturday. The only thing keeping me from finishing the deal is that I bought an 09 KLR last September and I really can't justify having two bikes to do the same thing (as it turns out, I'm having a lot more fun on the road than in the trails!) Had I know this from the beginning I probably would have not bought the KLR but so the story goes....decisions, decisions. Anyways, congratulation again and I wish we had your weather in the northeast for this weekend!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
happy for both of you, I know you will enjoy the V. Opie what did you get new or used? color?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Is this Opie the Road Atlanta racer dude Opie? He's from the Atlanta area. Either way congrats on your new ride. Upper 50's this weekend and I cant wait either!

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's funny, I've been watching the weather, too. I'm picking mine up on Friday, as well, in Lilburn.

Be safe!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this Opie the Road Atlanta racer dude Opie? He's from the Atlanta area. Either way congrats on your new ride. Upper 50's this weekend and I cant wait either!
No. I know him though. Just a board name for me. I don't "go" by opie. Just another redhead

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
she's in the back of the truck in my parking garage at work right now :D. So purty and it's nice outside. Wish I didn't have to work this afternoon :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
Good for you. Enjoy the weather. I took a spin this morning but it was only 37 degrees so the ride only lasted 25 min. My body wasn't all that cold, I couldn't get the cold off my head. I cant wait for 50,anyway enjoy the green machine

·
Registered
44 Posts
Picked up my blue '09 Versys this afternoon and took my time going home. :yeahsmile:Very easy to ride, I must say. Gear selector is a bit notchy, but I read others had this too at first but it diminishes as the bike breaks in. No other issues. Very maneuverable, easy clutch helps a ton.

We have a sunny weekend in front of us here in Atlanta, so I plan on riding both Saturday (between my kids' first baseball practices of the spring season) and Sunday.

I'm so psyched I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight!

·
Registered
754 Posts
We have a sunny weekend in front of us here in Atlanta, so I plan on riding both Saturday (between my kids' first baseball practices of the spring season) and Sunday.

I'm so psyched I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight!

That's cool!:thumb:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congratulations Opie! I've been lurking around the forums for a little while and actually put a deposit down on a Green V in Saturday. The only thing keeping me from finishing the deal is that I bought an 09 KLR last September and I really can't justify having two bikes to do the same thing (as it turns out, I'm having a lot more fun on the road than in the trails!) Had I know this from the beginning I probably would have not bought the KLR but so the story goes....decisions, decisions. Anyways, congratulation again and I wish we had your weather in the northeast for this weekend!
Well...I did it! Picked up the Green Versys this afternoon:yeahsmile: Now if we could just get some temperatures above 40 degrees here in the cold northeast! Anyways, the new bike looks very good in the garage next to my 5-month old KLR :teetertooter:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well...I did it! Picked up the Green Versys this afternoon:yeahsmile: Now if we could just get some temperatures above 40 degrees here in the cold northeast! Anyways, the new bike looks very good in the garage next to my 5-month old KLR :teetertooter:
Awesome man.. Congrats. Only have a couple hundred miles on mine but really enjoying it so far. Sending my seat off for some improvements and have some KTM handguards on the way for a little more hand warmth and an SW Motech toprack should be here on Thursday

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well I took it out today after work. I have the first 7 miles on it! Couple of things I noticed. The bike is much more compact than my KLR in terms of the amount of room I have on the bike but I'm sure I'll adjust. The bike has oodles of power more than my KLR...WOW! I couldn't see past my arms/elbows in the mirrors but I think I got them adjusted afterwards so they'll be ok w/o needing replacements. And...the front end is really light! I had the front wheel off the ground a couple of times and didn't mean to (at first :D). This bike is going to be alot of fun :thumb:

Awesome man.. Congrats. Only have a couple hundred miles on mine but really enjoying it so far. Sending my seat off for some improvements and have some KTM handguards on the way for a little more hand warmth and an SW Motech toprack should be here on Thursday
Excellent. You are not wasting anytime makeing mods. I love having the handguards on my KLR so I know where you are coming from there. What are you doing with the toprack? Are you planning to add a topcase? I was looking to add the V36 Coocase with the SW Motech toprack. I have a case on the KLR and it's great to have.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Excellent. You are not wasting anytime makeing mods. I love having the handguards on my KLR so I know where you are coming from there. What are you doing with the toprack? Are you planning to add a topcase? I was looking to add the V36 Coocase with the SW Motech toprack. I have a case on the KLR and it's great to have.
I already had a Givi V46 from previous bikes so I went with the SW Motech Toprack. Function over aesthetics for me when it comes to the topcase. Love the storage and ease of use. Hanguards came yesterday so I'll get those on today

1 - 20 of 21 Posts