Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

The last 2 weeks, my Versys is wobbling when it is in idle.Especially, when I stop on red light, I put gear to idle and bike starts to wobbling like Boxer BMW Engine:)
Anybody has something similar or any idea what it is.
I appreciate all answers.
Thx. and ride safe.

:frown2:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Really need more info.

When you put gear to idle? What does that mean?

How many rpms are you turning when this "wobble" is going on?

Does it always "wobble" at idle? If not, what rpms are you turning when not "wobbling"?

Recently get gas?

If you have a thermometer gun check the temperatures of both exhaust pipes near the engine when it is wobbling. Results?

Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I ride I do not feel it.Only when I stop on Red light.Rpms is quite low of course..

·
Registered
806 Posts
While I ride I do not feel it.Only when I stop on Red light.Rpms is quite low of course..

When it is idling get a temperature of the exhaust pipes near the engine. And I repeat, how many rpms?

You are asking folks for ideas on what's wrong with your bike. We really need more specific info to help as we are not there to check it out.

By "wobble" you could even have one or more of the motor mounts loose/missing. We need the data or we are just guessing.

Reactions: Lours_Polaire

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes may be I m not able to explain my problem well enough.Unfortunately I m so bad about technical works.

I ve to check for rpm than let you know.
I even do not know how to check temperature of the exhaust pipes near the engine????
Did you ever ride BMW GS?when gear is not engaged, bike pull always to one side a little.Thiş is typcally BMW way:)
My versys started to act like that.

·
Premium Member
9,106 Posts
MK-3 Motorcycle

Just a quick fill in here, this is a new bike, I received a PM request to do a engine vacuum sync, bike is somewhere under 10,000 miles, I mentioned EVS wasn't needed if you are having no problems. So this was several days ago, it now looks like he does indeed have a problem.
I am in the process of putting my 2015 back together @ 11000 KM, I found one exhaust valve tight @.20 mm instead of .22 to .31 mm, intake I had several at spec. 0.15. I am not going into detail here as I have some news as to simplification of doing this valve shim job and will do a new posting in a couple days. I will say all my valves are now at maximum clearance ( intake ) 0.21 mm and ( exhaust) 0.31 mm .
So Harun, you need to tell :Idle RPM=
Take a picture of instrument @ idle.
Can you make a 10 second video with sound? ( ya I know , if you could do this you wouldn't need help in the first place)

My guess is you need a throttle body vacuum sync but as Steve in Sunny Fl has pointed out much earlier, you probably have some tight valves causing the vacuum to be off. So I hate to say it but you may need to do a valve shim check first, continued running under these conditions could cause permanent damage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Onewizard,

oh my god.That was my nightmare.I think conditions force me to open the engine for any case:)

I ll make a video and check rpm etc. than will let you know right now.
Please let me 10 min.
Thank you so much as always.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oooffff!!! video is ready but I can not attach here.What am I supposed to do.
damn :(

·
Registered
2013 v650
221 Posts
My 2013 with 1500 miles does the same thing. At a stop with the bike upright and light pressure on my feet the bile will rock side to side just a little bit. Your video will not show it with it on the side stand. I asked a buddy with a ninja 650 and his does the same thing. Could be from the uneven power pulses of the engine design.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Weird
Because I did not feel this till 7000 miles.Than it start to pull left to right according to engine rev.That makes me nervous and afraid of riding really.
Do you think that is because of uneven power pulses of the engine design.So is that normall?

·
Registered
2013 v650
221 Posts
Mine dosen't pull to one side with throttle. It rocks side to side,about 1/8" at the guages at idle. It goes away with any gas or if I am moving.
If it pulls to one side with throttle it is more than engine power pulses/ vibration at idle.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
you have two pistons side by side pumping up and down they some times make a harmonic shake, all the p-twin motor bikes ive ever had have that feeling, like you mentioned with the GS (two pistons going side to side making it even more noticeable)

Reactions: harun

·
Premium Member
9,106 Posts
Too Much talking

Weird
Because I did not feel this till 7000 miles.Than it start to pull left to right according to engine rev.That makes me nervous and afraid of riding really.
Do you think that is because of uneven power pulses of the engine design.So is that normall?
Okay watched the video, some guy kept talking and with my hearing problem it was hard to focus on the motor.>:) Was this motor warmed up before you shot the video? In another thread http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/9-technical-discussion/122042-losing-power-3k-rpm.html , this problem you describe is partially related to vacuum but more importantly to valve clearance, a tight valve will change vacuum balance. My 2015 has 11,000 KM which is roughly 7000 miles, it is possible you have tight valves. It is going to be a couple days before I post the changes to how to do a valve shim check, one obstacle is the way the photos are displayed. I looked at photobuckets, it is my understanding that once your membership expires so do the photos. Since I have managed for 67 years without photo buckets, I am reluctant to go that route. Looking at other options like adobe photoshop.

Just added my settings for the TPS.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/121594-vacuum-hose-mod-tps-voltage-settings-mk-3-a.html

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
I can NOT notice anything unusual in the way your bike is idling. Seems pretty much identical to mine. BTW - I think you mean "vibrating" as opposed to "wobbling".

Your bike at "high-idle" when you start, then down to "low-idle" as it warms is normal.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Another thing to consider is the fuel moving around in the tank. With the relatively tall stance of the Versys, and short wheelbase, I often feel the movement of the fuel inside the tank. In fact, the engine doesn't have to be running-- at a stop, with the engine off, I can lift the bike from the side stand and will feel the fuel as it sloshes side to side (probably more noticeable when tank is closer to full).

Not sure if this is also a factor that you're feeling, but thought it worth mentioning.

Hi Guys,

The last 2 weeks, my Versys is wobbling when it is in idle.Especially, when I stop on red light, I put gear to idle and bike starts to wobbling like Boxer BMW Engine:)
Anybody has something similar or any idea what it is.
I appreciate all answers.
Thx. and ride safe.

:frown2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another thing to consider is the fuel moving around in the tank. With the relatively tall stance of the Versys, and short wheelbase, I often feel the movement of the fuel inside the tank. In fact, the engine doesn't have to be running-- at a stop, with the engine off, I can lift the bike from the side stand and will feel the fuel as it sloshes side to side (probably more noticeable when tank is closer to full).

Not sure if this is also a factor that you're feeling, but thought it worth mentioning.
Thanks.I ll consider that next time when I ride.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yes, I've noticed the rocking motion when the fuel tank is about 3/4 full. The first time it happened was very disconcerting. Perhaps there is some harmonic thing going on with the engine rpm and a particular fuel level, or maybe it is just fuel level.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts