Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello gang! Reporting in about 12 hours after purchasing a 2009, because that seemed like a way more fun Tuesday than work. Cough cough, I think I've fallen ill boss, gotta run...

Anyway, this is my second bike after owning my SV650 for the last 10 ish years. I love the SV but I also realized that the most fun I ever had on her was on our road trips, and while she is capable, it was never ideal. I've always wished the SV was a little roomier, so in steps the Versys. Still have the SV, hopefully keeping it that way.

What a great bike, seriously, and I can't wait to start putting big miles underneath us. It feels super weird being so tall after a decade on an SV, but I'm digging it. Still a little pokey around corners, and haven't quite figured out where to run the motor, but it's fun learning a new bike. It makes me want to just point at the horizon and go, which is more or less the plan.

It has heated grips already, which is a first for me. Holy crap. Where has this been all my life? And on 100% I'm fairly confident I could cook strips of bacon on them in a pinch, they are not screwing around! It may or may not have an aftermarket windscreen, but I honestly am not sure so let me know. Gives good protection, although my visor keeps fogging, so I gotta find a fix for that until it gets a bit warmer.

Uh, sorry, I like to write sometimes. TLDR summary: LOOK I BOUGHTS A MOTORCICLE!!

Oh, and sadly the Yoshi didn't stay on it. A guy that bought a different Versys also bought that exhaust. Honestly, if you are here too man, thanks! It sounds great, you'll love it, but I needed the price break so it's a freaking win win!

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Welcome aboard! The windshield is not stock. Looks like a National Cycle VStream to me. As for fogging, the best fix I've found is a Pinlock shield and insert. Nothing else I've tried works as well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you made the right choice! I'm right there with you... looking for any reason to saddle-up and head out. I'm contemplating installing heated grips. It's not a critical upgrade for us out here in Cali but would up the comfort factor significantly, I'm sure. Enjoy the bike. :clap:

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Welcome aboard! The windshield is not stock. Looks like a National Cycle VStream to me. As for fogging, the best fix I've found is a Pinlock shield and insert. Nothing else I've tried works as well.
I believe it is, too. (I have one just like it that I got in another deal....)

:welcome:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems you are correct about the screen, it says V Stream on it, good eyes! Thanks for the warm welcome gang, glad to be here!

Oh, and the bolt was ordered by the dealership I bought it from and is expected to come in at the end of the week. They put a different one in for now as they didn't have the right one, but it's not costing me a dime (and you can believe I pointed it out during bargaining) and they have been great to work with so I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Naturally! The other one that was sold earlier was red, which I dig also, but my SV is red, and variety is the spice and all that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts