Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I taped into the two wires powering my high beam headlight bulb to power my two high intensity LED spotlights. No issues after years of use and they go on and off with the existing high beam switch on the handlebars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
where did you find the connectors that fit the bike. Just starting to do research on how I'm going to power lights without connecting directly to the battery.

·
Registered
688 Posts
where did you find the connectors that fit the bike. Just starting to do research on how I'm going to power lights without connecting directly to the battery.
mine came with all the fog light connectors, which are tugged below the dashboard. i just trashed the bad quality OEM lights and replaced with Denali. if you do not have the OEM harness, it is much better to connect harness to the battery, with fuse, relay, etc. if you connect without all of that, you may fry the wires in front. then you connect one of the provided wires to high beam or low beam, or parking light, depending what you want. DRL to low beam. I usually have 2 sets of lights, DRL and the other more powerful ones I connect to high beam. in this way, I do not have to install an additional switch for the fog lights.

·
Registered
2017 Versys-X 300
42 Posts
I bought the harness from Partzilla for about $5. It was a while back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts