Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After my little hospital stay I am putting the bike the bed till spring, snow I can hack salt BUT will eat a bike. And ODOT spares no salt at all.

Anyway any problem with changing the oil from synthetic to Rottela for the winter sit? I'd just leave the filter in. I hate to dump $35.00 of Amsol come spring that just sat in the motor to keep things from rusted on me.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If I understand right, you're going to change the oil, let the bike sit all winter, then change it again in the spring?

If that's the case, I'd use the cheapest motorcycle-specific oil I could find. If the bike ain't running, synthetic offers no advantage whatsoever over other oil.

Now, apologies in advance for the threadjack, but I'm squinting at your avatar and wondering if it's the same guy on a KLR with a macaw in Arizona who I photographed some time ago.

I always wondered what the guy's story was.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Why change it twice? Change your oil and filter now, then start riding in the spring with the Amsoil that will already be in. You could also spray fogging oil in the cylinders and turn it over a bit.
How much do you pay per quart for your Amsoil MCF?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Why change it twice? Change your oil and filter now, then start riding in the spring with the Amsoil that will already be in.
I didn't make it clear in my response, but that's what I'd do, too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If they could be trained to **** in some kind of bird toilet, never bite and always return after a flight and fly different routes. A parrot would be a really cool pet. Think Id hook a camera to it.:blah:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll just change oil and filters and be done with it then.

If they could be trained to **** in some kind of bird toilet, never bite and always return after a flight and fly different routes. A parrot would be a really cool pet. Think Id hook a camera to it.:blah:
Lots of Luck on that! I have 4 parrots, all smaller one and the smallest is call a Parrotlet and he's tiny about 1 oz and 4" tall. BUT he thinks he's a Eagle and can bite like the Devil.

BTW the other are Cockatiels and 2 of them are rescues I took in when peole just moved and left them to die.

Here's Streak Da Beak!

And Da Tielish Ones

·
Super Moderator
19,774 Posts
Wife has a Sun Conure, "Jewel", and used to have a Blue-crowned Conure named "Woodie". It had a seizure at 25 years of age and died.

Here's a pic of Jewel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sun are great birds but can be a little noisy I feel.

Birds are very long lives more folks have no idea. The B&G Macaw on the guys back and live 80-100 years. Even little streak can go 20-30 years the vet said.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts