Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

There are lots of post on this, but little info...:confused:

Oil/Fuel/lubrication/battery, this is all the same as my John Deere.

What I really don't know is the lifting of the bike part. There seems to be various opinions on the subject.

The 2010 manual calls for deflating the tires 20% and lifting the bike (2 tires off the ground). Alternatively, they suggest to place wood planks underneath the tires to prevent moisture contact.

What is your take based on experience?

Also, can anyone point out to a good set of rear and front lift that fit the V? And a cover?

Thanks!
Mac

·
Registered
842 Posts
There are lots of threads for the differnt track stands

the three main ones are:

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
Getting the loads off your tires IS a good idea (T-Rex stands, here!), but riding h*ll out of 'em is BETTER!

IF you can, weather permitting.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
All things considered, your tires shouldn't last longer than two seasons. If you still have tread they're probably too hard anyway. I wouldn't go crazy trying to make a perishable item last forever although the stands are good for working on the bike. Maybe let a little air out and keep them off pavement or cement with wood or plastic to prevent dry rot. I've never had a problem with this method. Replace with Bridgestone BT-023 when the time comes.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
It's already -26C (-15F) with lots of snow, and it's not even winter yet... Mine is stored inside my living quarters in a consistently dry 19C (67F).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Took mine out Saturday- man it was good ride! Only been able to take it out maybe once a week. Central California's San Joaquin Valley doesn't get that cold. (like what was mentioned by Invader) We have temps from 30 to 55 degrees C in the winter. But what keeps me off my bike is the freaking fog! it is terrible here and really really weird to drive in. (not to mention dangerous)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
We are having a weird fall here in CO. Only 1.5" of snow when we are suppose to be @ 20". Today I rode to work, high of 61f . Tomorrow's high 61f again :)

Put the bike away twice thinking the season was over just to take it out again the next week :)

Winter will descend on us with a vengeance :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts