Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our rain storm turned to snow yesterday afternoon and ended up at about 13-16 inches. It's tough to tell because of the drifting.

I am very, very jealous of the posts of riding anywhere--you guys in NZ and Indonesia don't count--I know you are in summer.

I really don't know when the roads will be ready for riding. Frustrating. Thanks for letting me rant.

Who else got hit hard?

Mike

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
up here in Montreal we got some :(((((
when I was hoping that the spring is not far.....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
SW Ontario, Winter still won't let go. Temps are barely over freezing and well below at night. Last weekend's promised rain also turned to snow and un-did a lot of the Spring thaw that had already begun.

Last year Spring came VERY early, that's making this year even harder to take. The 7 day forecast is not great and gets worse by week's end.

Still waiting.....

·
Registered
175 Posts
SW Ontario, Winter still won't let go. Temps are barely over freezing and well below at night. Last weekend's promised rain also turned to snow and un-did a lot of the Spring thaw that had already begun.

Last year Spring came VERY early, that's making this year even harder to take. The 7 day forecast is not great and gets worse by week's end.

Still waiting.....
... and to add insult to injury, Environment Canada's Spring forecast suggests a colder and wetter than normal Spring for many parts of Canada including Ontario.... March ~ May...:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same as problem with snow as you. I'm just outside Syracuse, we have 165 inches of snow so far this year at the airport. It just won't stop. Serious spring fever has set in. It seems that every year we get at least a couple days in the winter that are rideable. (One year we rode at least once every month). This year, I haven't seen the surface of my driveway since a week before x-mas.

It must stop now!

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's been melting on and off here. The trick is finding a day where my driveway is clear and it's above freezing and not raining. I've had the Nighthawk out one day in Feb and I managed an hour with the Bandit last night. Since everyone is starting to itch I think it's time to put them both and Craigslist and start shopping for a V!

·
Registered
875 Posts
It's March already, we got more snow in the north GTA, but warmer temps tomorrow.

Old man winter's hanging on and dieing hard this year.

Two weekends ago while at the bike shop I chuckled to myself when I saw a sold sign on a $12,000.00 snow machine, as it was raining outside and the snow was all gone....but don't blame this snow on me!

At least we still have "curling" to watch!:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts