Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took her out for a ride. 30 degrees, snow coming within minutes, roads dry for now....couldn't resist!!! Felt GREAT!!!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Just took her out for a ride. 30 degrees, snow coming within minutes, roads dry for now....couldn't resist!!! Felt GREAT!!!
Done that many a time. Too much salt in Boston. Packed up 'til spring.:( Had my bicycle out yesterday though.:)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Way to go Bob, I went for a little ride on new years day when it was mid 40s out. Did you manage to check the valve clearences during your shut down like you planned?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I hear you there. I got to ride my Nighthawk up to the barn\workshop when we had that big melt a few days ago. Caliper pistons weren't retracting and I didn't feel like trying force those pistons out in a 20 degree garage. It was not happy being awoken in the middle of it's slumber. Barely ran on one cylinder with me holding the throttle for a good 45 seconds till the other caught. There's just too much salt around here. Like blip I'm stuck with four wheels till we get a good rain come March or April.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Way to go Bob, I went for a little ride on new years day when it was mid 40s out. Did you manage to check the valve clearences during your shut down like you planned?

Well, after much deliberation, I decided against it. ONLY because I simply don't have enough miles on her yet. Just a shade over 10K. Next winter for sure though. What I did do was install a Stebel horn, SW Motech Rack with custom soft luggage supports from a fellow forum member, fuse panel and power strip, 12v accessory plug, Garmin Nuvi 550 with ram mount, cleaned the air filter, changed the oil and filter and stood there afterwards and just gawked for awhile while slurping the nector of the Gods....my coffee. :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
I suspect he had already been into the "medicine" prior to his attempted dip in the pond. But I am sure a bit more and he was good as new.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Yeah, Bob! Woo-hoo! Thought about going for a ride last week on the ST but my seat was in Florida for a rebuild. Probably should have just pulled out the Versys.

Seven weeks until March!

·
Registered
357 Posts
19F degrees here. I worked on the cruiser yesterday - put a clutch tension reducer on. I have a new set of handlebars to put on the Versys. I also need to paint the lowers. Tires arrived this week for both, so I have some work to do but no rush.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Well at least you guys can sit on your bike and think about riding in warm weather. I'm stuck in beautiful winter weather of mid 80's with no bike to ride sit on or drool over.:censored:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well at least you guys can sit on your bike and think about riding in warm weather. I'm stuck in beautiful winter weather of mid 80's with no bike to ride sit on or drool over.:censored:
That stinks...I'm trying to remember what that feels like. 80's I mean. Hate it for ya'

I am riding everyday though...:stickpoke:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts