1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I took Joe's advice. Got mine as Christmas gift. I have hand guards. These fit over them. I have to create a new Ipod/garage button remote, then will give them a test ride. Feed back coming soon.....

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Went out friday with my buddy and his wife. He was still breaking in his new road king. Temps started off at 40 degrees and averaged 54 degrees later in the ride. The Mitts with thin gloves worked better that my $145.00 winter gloves.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've got Gordon's Heated Clothing gloves :)yeahsmile: made in the USA :yeahsmile:)...they work great all by themselves in the 40's...in the 30's my finger tips start getting cold..in the 20's (high 20's..25 and above) I was just glad to have them on...this was riding up and down a freeway at 60 mph and above...Having worn mittens similar to Weljo's on my kayak paddle back in the day (in the middle of winter on some very cold water) I have no doubts that mitts like that will be a GREAT cheaper alternative...just butt assed ugly is all...:eek:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took Joe's advice. Got mine as Christmas gift. I have hand guards. These fit over them. I have to create a new Ipod/garage button remote, then will give them a test ride. Feed back coming soon.....
Besides the very slight difficulty slipping your hands in and out when actually riding..I'm willing to bet 10 bucks "you loved them"...not being sarcastic either...:thumb:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wonder if you can use these on top of bark busters?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Went out friday with my buddy and his wife. He was still breaking in his new road king. Temps started off at 40 degrees and averaged 54 degrees later in the ride. The Mitts with thin gloves worked better that my $145.00 winter gloves.
Joe,

Do you ride with mitts in SO CA?
You'll be easy to spot on the road!

Heated grips and hand shields is all I think is required, but I don't ride in salty road conditions either (that's suicide!) But for the dollar, for heat only, the mitts can't be beat. Even though, ha ha. :D :D

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Joe,

Do you ride with mitts in SO CA?
You'll be easy to spot on the road!

Heated grips and hand shields is all I think is required, but I don't ride in salty road conditions either (that's suicide!) But for the dollar, for heat only, the mitts can't be beat. Even though, ha ha. :D :D

Had hand guards on the Versys they didn't do much for the wind.The heated grips only keep your palms warm. Used the mitts on the 2nd.of this month with thin mechanic gloves and was nice and warm with the temps starting at 40 degrees.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I tried those mitt things and hated them. Finally have a bark buster, heated grip, decent glove combo that works.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
One thing I found out from some sorry heated grips, was the 1" dia grips DID relieve my palm circulation enough to where I did not get cramps!

So if you are getting palm sweats from your mitts, you might not need it so warm. Most Vs. riders should have large 1" dia grip size too if they can touch the ground at redlights :D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol..those are summer time temps around here..and time to break out the ventilated gloves...

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
lol..those are summer time temps around here..and time to break out the ventilated gloves...

Well i still have the heated grips when needed.:)

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Any concerns about having your hands "trapped"?
Having never tried them, I think I'm concerned about not having the ability to quickly remove my hands from the bars if needed. Not sure what the circumstances might be but maybe a bike or gear malfunction or an accident where you would want to separate yourself from the bike or a situation where you might have to remove your hand from the controls and then regrip them.
I don't know, I'm not sure if that's a valid concern or not.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any concerns about having your hands "trapped"?
Having never tried them, I think I'm concerned about not having the ability to quickly remove my hands from the bars if needed. Not sure what the circumstances might be but maybe a bike or gear malfunction or an accident where you would want to separate yourself from the bike or a situation where you might have to remove your hand from the controls and then regrip them.
I don't know, I'm not sure if that's a valid concern or not.
There is plenty of space between the bark busters and the handle bar for you to easily move your hand. I had them on all my MX bikes because its like having a roll cage for my hands. I was never the best rider so I spent a lot of time hitting the ground and never had a problem with them.

Even the ones without the metal bar aren't that bad because if you get your hand squashed between the ground and the handlebars the plastic disperses the force across your hole hand and not just one finger. I really do believe that bark busters have saved my fingers hundreds of times.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
There is plenty of space between the bark busters and the handle bar for you to easily move your hand. I had them on all my MX bikes because its like having a roll cage for my hands. I was never the best rider so I spent a lot of time hitting the ground and never had a problem with them.

Even the ones without the metal bar aren't that bad because if you get your hand squashed between the ground and the handlebars the plastic disperses the force across your hole hand and not just one finger. I really do believe that bark busters have saved my fingers hundreds of times.
I think we a re talking about two different things. I thought it was about "Barkdusters (ie the mitts that go over your hands, arms and handlebars). If I'm wrong, I apologize.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts