Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any company including KAWI make a tinted windshield that looks just like the OEM on a 650? I actualy like the look of the OEM but want it lightly tinted. I have heard where people have painted the inside of their windshield to tint it but I'm not sure that would turn out to good. Maybe at a paint shop but not a rattle can job.

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Does any company including KAWI make a tinted windshield that looks just like the OEM on a 650? I actualy like the look of the OEM but want it lightly tinted. I have heard where people have painted the inside of their windshield to tint it but I'm not sure that would turn out to good. Maybe at a paint shop but not a rattle can job.
What year versys?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is a 2015. What is the process for tinting a OEM windscreen? Has anyone on this site done that? I'm all ears.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
i tinted my screen on my 08 with just a rattle can and it came out just fine, just clean it up really well and lightly fog the inside of the screen(hold it a bit over a foot away and make very very light passes) with some gloss black,

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Tinting and painting the inside are not the same thing IMO.

Tinting can still be looked through. Painting, no.

Most people who change out a shield do it for different air flow.

To tint, you would need some type of dye, stain, etc. Maybe make friends with someone at one of those 1 hour eyeglass places and do an 'under the table' deal.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Tinting and painting the inside are not the same thing IMO.

Tinting can still be looked through. Painting, no.

Most people who change out a shield do it for different air flow.

To tint, you would need some type of dye, stain, etc. Maybe make friends with someone at one of those 1 hour eyeglass places and do an 'under the table' deal.
Or just buy tint film from Auto Zone and do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
Or get a really big pot.....

·
Registered
143 Posts
I purchased an OEM (gen 2) windshield from member 'bwwoodard', which he had painted black inside. It looks fantastic on a black 2010 and given the size, you wouldn't look through it in any case. I don't have a pic on the bike (big Givi on for the 'winter' in AZ) but perhaps Byron does, and could also advise the method & materials used.

I'm considering masking off the lower portion of the Givi and doing the same, as like the look of the fairing blending into the windshield.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts