Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm 5'10, 200 pounds, 29" inseam, 34" sleeve.

The OEM windshield doesn't do much for me, except make my riding experience LOUD

After reading countless windshield threads here, I installed a GIVI 410ST. It was $104 at one of the online vendors.

I initially figured that it wouldn't do much, as it's rather narrow. A quick ride around the block showed an immediate improvement.

Then there was this noise. WTF?
Oh, that sounds like the engine......
You can actually hear the cam chains and other whirring bits.

:D
The ride is much more pleasant now. This windshield reduced the wind noise by about 60% and gave better coverage for those Kamikaze June bugs.
So yes, would recommend to a friend.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for posting this.

I had such a terrible experience with it that I felt putting mine up for sale would be unfair to the buyer. Knowing that it works for some, I'll try to sell it now!

To me, it felt like a very tiny midget was punching me in the head with the 410. Head hurt after 6 hours of riding. Neck sore from turbulence. Bike felt less willing to turn. Tried both high and low setting.

Stock windscreen doesn't do much good or bad for me, I ride with or without it.

I miss my old ex500's wind tunnel with the tiny sport stock windscreen. I could easily carry bluetooth conversations over 60-70mph. Not sure if all sportbikes are the same.

I'm an inch shorter, and way shorter in the arms.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for posting this.

I had such a terrible experience with it that I felt putting mine up for sale would be unfair to the buyer. Knowing that it works for some, I'll try to sell it now!

To me, it felt like a very tiny midget was punching me in the head with the 410. Head hurt after 6 hours of riding. Neck sore from turbulence. Bike felt less willing to turn. Tried both high and low setting.

Stock windscreen doesn't do much good or bad for me, I ride with or without it.

I miss my old ex500's wind tunnel with the tiny sport stock windscreen. I could easily carry bluetooth conversations over 60-70mph. Not sure if all sportbikes are the same.

I'm an inch shorter, and way shorter in the arms.
I have an FJR1300 and it has an electric-adjustable windscreen via a button on the handlebars. It's amazing what one can learn from that.

In your case, I suspect that you're leaning (more) forward than me, and maybe caught in the turbulent air that is coming around the edges of the windscreen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an FJR1300 and it has an electric-adjustable windscreen via a button on the handlebars. It's amazing what one can learn from that.

In your case, I suspect that you're leaning (more) forward than me, and maybe caught in the turbulent air that is coming around the edges of the windscreen.
Sounds reasonable, it was definitely turbulent air. Damn, I hoped short arms only caused problems with rock climbing and long sleeve shirts! Not much to do about it.

I'm trying a parabellum next. Will post results. Wonder whether I'll have to alter the bike or the rider :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts