Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
We need to know what year Versys you have J.M. before we can answer... 2008/09 windscreen mounts are different than 2010 and later... And not all manufacturers do both ways on all their models yet.

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I just got a Givi for my 2012 and found it's fairly quiet and low on the Buffeting. BUT what really rocked my socks was I mounted it in the #3 (highest) postion and found it was even quieter and no added buffeting. PLUS the gap at the bottom, right over the head light let in cool air!

Here it is mounted in the lowest postion and I can see over it no matter what postion I mount in it, I 6' for ref but it still low enough so it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I've been very happy with my stock screen in the low position on my 2011. I'm 5'8" and wear an Arai XD3 and use foam earplugs on each and every ride... long or short.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry bout that, I just picked up a 2012. I don't have a buffeting issue just noise level. Granted my terd helmet isn't helping but has been quiet on previous bikes.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
T405 I thinks. You can find it on the Twisted Thottle site under Kawasaki Versys 2009+ Only Givi there.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have a "V-Stream" on my 2009. Love the look. just enough air to keep the helmet well vented and the helmet face shield bug free BUT.....sorry to say I just looked and they have yet to come out with a piece for the new Versys!
Might be worth a phone call to see If they have one in the works.
Just sayin'

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Granted my terd helmet isn't helping but has been quiet on previous bikes.
Try some foam earplugs. I got a big load of them at Home Depot for a few bucks... and they do me well.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Try some foam earplugs. I got a big load of them at Home Depot for a few bucks... and they do me well.
slightly off topic but....don't the earplugs get in the way of hearing sirens etc...?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
slightly off topic but....don't the earplugs get in the way of hearing sirens etc...?
never had a problem with plugs (except for pushing them in too far and coughing them out) rode with earbuds& mp3 player for about a block and had to stop...too many voices in my head:stickpoke:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Nope... I still hear traffic around me... sirens headed my way and all that stuff. The foam earplugs just make riding... short trip or long trip, that much more enjoyable because about 60-75% of the wind noise isn't there anymore.

Ha! Sometimes I get all geared up but have forgotten to put my earplugs in and as soon as I fire things up I do a face palm... and then take my gloves and helmet off to get those darn things where they belong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts