Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Testing out my new GoPro. I mounted it in front of the windshield, looking back at me. One well-paved roads the stability is acceptable. When on side streets and neighborhood roads, stopped at a light, or upping the torque, vibrations really make the camera shake -- because the windshield/deflector is vibrating.

Any potential ideas on how to stabilize the windshield and keep it from vibrating, or at least from vibrating too much?

My only potential idea is purchasing 4 rubber-esc washers and inserting them between the windshield and where it mounts to the bike. Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
What year bike do you have???

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
Remove the windshield and the front faring structure will vibrate less.

The wind pressure on my large windshield flexes my 2012 Mk2 a bit and also the weight makes it shake +-5mm. When it was just the stock Tall Screen it vibrated A LOT less.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. It's a 2013 Versys. Not removing the GoPro; in fact, I'll be purchasing a second as I prepare the bike for an upcoming, month-long road trip to be documented.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks. It's a 2013 Versys. Not removing the GoPro; in fact, I'll be purchasing a second as I prepare the bike for an upcoming, month-long road trip to be documented.
I have 2012. I put a go-rpo either on the front headlight in daytime (sounds crazy but very stable) or on my helmet for my point of view.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Lol, the worst advice.

Have to disagree with you..Had a GoPro hated it. I have 2 Drift Stealth HD170 for back-up and 2 Drift Ghost for my main cameras. Never any issues with the Drifts.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
I mean, the market pretty much speaks for my opinion, but I'll bite, why did you hate your gopro?

The world is full of sheep that will follow anything. The Drifts are so much more user friendly. You don't have to buy a pile of accessories to be able to use it. the list goes on.:cheers:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
The world is full of sheep that will follow anything. The Drifts are so much more user friendly. You don't have to buy a pile of accessories to be able to use it. the list goes on.:cheers:
+1
battery last longer, you dont have to hook it up to a pc to see if your lens is lined up right, drift has a rotating lens, gopro is like a sail when helmet mounted , drift is slimmer, gopro corrupted 60% of its files.
and the two biggest thing of all that sold me to drift and made me burn my gopro (yes burn.. i set that POS on FIRE!!!) and switch to drift
#1 price.. drift was about 20-30% less
and #2 (the biggest one) CUSTOMER SERVICE!
got my GP(new) and charger was shot, called CS over and over for about 2 weeks as well as email and nothing. then a week later i get a link to were i can buy a new one at full price, and also no help at all about corrupt files....
got my drift (used) and broke one of the tabs from the quick release mount (still worked fine) but i emailed drift and next morning there was an email back from them, and they sent me a new mount for just the price of shipping......
to me that really makes a difference

1 - 20 of 26 Posts