Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey There Versus 650 owners. I am wanting to get a new windshield for my bike and thinking of getting a MRA touring screen. Does anyone have this shield and/or ever had one. How did it work.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hey There Versus 650 owners. I am wanting to get a new windshield for my bike and thinking of getting a MRA touring screen. Does anyone have this shield and/or ever had one. How did it work.
I like it on my 2011. Some of the members seem to prefer it with MRA's X-creen deflector on top. Haven't tried it that way, but I like it fine as is. I used the stock screen for maybe 33k miles. The buffeting was annoying. Not a problem anymore.

In additional to being functional, I think it looks nice on the bike too.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Unless you're trying to get the sporty bike look the Givi D410ST is effective, well made and priced right. It's still the best add on to my 2013. The size gives you great protection and it's clear so it pretty much disappears on the bike. It doesn't interfere with hand guards and it does not add or subtract in terms of the look of the Versys. It makes my bike a joy to ride in any condition. Some guys have gone through 2-3 windshields, glad I was 'one and done' on this one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have the MRA with the deflector screen and to tell the truth I had a hard time noticing any difference from the stock windshield. The MRA sits very flat on the bike so I think it loses a lot of its potential there. I think some folks rigged up brackets to make it sit more vertical. It does look good but that's not why I bought it. In fact, I'm just about to go and take it off and put on my new Givi D410ST.

My goal with a windshield is to keep the rain off my visor as I commute all winter on the bike. I'm desperately trying to reproduce the windshield on my maxi-scoot as that somehow produces a down draft that just sucks the water right off the visor. No desperate wipes with the finger every 10 seconds!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Some pics comparing screens

Stock, MRA and Givi D410ST

MRA sits very flat to bike, this is the most vertical setting

The new Givi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alba. The pictures really help to put the differences bewteen the screens into perspective. :thanx:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have to agree with alba. I have a 2011 Versys with the MRA with deflector screen and cannot tell the difference between it and the stock screen. After I get my bike out of winter storage I plan on changing to the GIVI.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts