Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a nice ride today, 350km on beautiful roads.
I have a Givi windshield, a HJC CL-15 helmet, I'm 6 feet tall.
The windshield I mounted 2 holes higher with 2 plates and the OEM windshield is on the lower part, up side down.

I saw a great improvement in noise reduction when I switched from OEM to the current setup and I said that this must be the best I can do with the noise, I have speakers in my helmet and I can hear music up to 130km/h. The noise is not uniform, it comes from the windshield and hits my helmet about the visor level.

I tried something today: going 90 km/h, I moved forward and put my lower part of the helmet to touch the windshield. The helmet was above the windshield. And the noise completely disappeared...I could hear the engine running very nice, I could hear a part of the air flowing around the helmet, but not that buffeting noise coming from the windshield....

Now my mind looks for a solution... how about mounting a windshield on the chest and remove the windshield from the front end? :)

I always thought that the helmet is the problem... now I'm not so sure...

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
When i got my bike i made them throw in a helmet on the deal it was a HJC CL-15. That helmet is one noisey piece of crap. It's the helmet.....

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
I have the same windshield set-up as you but i'm 2" taller. Used the HJC once then got a scorpion modular much much better.Then got a nolan modular even better. I had a Tall Parabellum on for awhile then went back to the givi-stock combo because i preferred the looks. The taller windscreen did a great job of keeping the wind off.

IMG_0518 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0975 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
688 Posts
Wait.. you guys are using two windshields at once?

Does that work with the 2010+?

I've got the Givi and OEM, but didn't think to try both at once.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same setup as weljo, but I have 2 plates and moved it up

I know the helmet is not an extraordinary one, but today I just saw how the windshield affects the air coming to me..... I'm still looking for a solution to remove that noise during longer rides...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Wait.. you guys are using two windshields at once?
Does that work with the 2010+?
I've got the Givi and OEM, but didn't think to try both at once.
The 2010+ has a completely different winshield mounting system... So I think the answer would be no.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts