Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the Windshield Extenders that I made for my Versys and it raises any windshield about 3 inches. I have the GIVI windshield and it let the air hit me right in top of the helmet and I hated it as I wanted the wind to go over my head. I made these, had them powder coated and they put the air just over the top of my helmet. I am 5'8" tall. They work very well.

To mount them, you simply remove whatever windshield you have, bolt these extenders to the top holes in the Versys windshield mount and then replace your windshield using your stock bolts and pads. It works very well so if you are interested, they are $25.00 a set plus shipping which usually runs about $5.00. You can email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
96 Posts
To be honest it looks like brackets you can get from the hardware store for a few bucks. But I guess the power coating is the expense. Nice looking mod.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
To be honest it looks like brackets you can get from the hardware store for a few bucks. But I guess the power coating is the expense. Nice looking mod.
Go to the hardware store and find brackets with the right spacing and save yourself some money. I think you'll find there is more to it than that. It is something I made for myself and a request from another forum member so I just thought others might be interested but I can't do it for free.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Clever idea!!!

I also have the Givi windshield, I'm the same hight as you, and have the issue of wind buffeting in the forehead area too.

Questions:

1) I'm sure it stopped the helmet buffeting. Did it tend to cause more wind on your arms or chest?

2) How fast have you ridden to test how it would hold up to "speeding" ? Only on a closed course, with a professional driver, naturally. ;o)

3) What did you use on the lower holes, it looks like foam tape or ?

4) Is that to protect the windshield from the bolt heads scratching it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clever idea!!!

I also have the Givi windshield, I'm the same hight as you, and have the issue of wind buffeting in the forehead area too.

Questions:

1) I'm sure it stopped the helmet buffeting. Did it tend to cause more wind on your arms or chest?

2) How fast have you ridden to test how it would hold up to "speeding" ? Only on a closed course, with a professional driver, naturally. ;o)

3) What did you use on the lower holes, it looks like foam tape or ?

4) Is that to protect the windshield from the bolt heads scratching it?

Thanks!
(1) It was less wind on my arms and chest, but the GIVI windshield isn't a great shield anyway in my opinion. I wish now that I had bought another larger shield, but they weren't available when I boutht the GIVI. I'll probably buy another soon but I can still use the extenders if I need to.

(2) I've been over a hundred several times and it's rock steady.

(3) That is self adhesive padding to protect windshield from scratching

(4) Ditto on # 3 answer.

Take care and have a good day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts