Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used 2007 with an aftermarket windshield, but there is no adjusters for it. Did it come stock with adjustable brackets?

Anyone have them for sale?

Thanks.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Not really. There were multiple holes in the screen itself so you could raise and lower but no adjusters per se. A Madstad bracket is the way to go if you want adjustability.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yeah, with the stock brackets you gotta pull the screws and nuts. To adjust up or down just line up to the next set of holes in the brackets. Be careful, those nuts want to run & hide when you do this.

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
Yeah, with the stock brackets you gotta pull the screws and nuts. To adjust up or down just line up to the next set of holes in the brackets. Be careful, those nuts want to run & hide when you do this.

When i have to take off the windscreen i just remove it by taking off the windscreen brackets with the windscreen attached. Much easier than putting the windscreen on the brackets while on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts
I use a small 5/16" combination wrench (the "round" end) for those nuts when I remove/ replace the OEM 'shield. That way they are 'cupped' in and don't tend to "play hide-n-seek". My 5/16 is 4" long, VERY handy for this job! :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts