Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 V. I bought the bike used, I believe it to have a tall Givi on it right now. My problem is I have original Kaw hand guards and they come in contact with it.
I like the wind protection of the tall screen, but need one with a more narrow profile.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Can you adjust your hand-guards up or down to keep from contacting?

Failing that, maybe 'notch' your screen for clearance. I modded a Majesty screen by doing that.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
widsreen/handguards

Since one never rides at full lock; if the contact is minimal and only at paddling around speeds, you might just ignore it.
Cheers
RCF

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Can you adjust your hand-guards up or down to keep from contacting?

Failing that, maybe 'notch' your screen for clearance. I modded a Majesty screen by doing that.
FastEddie,

I am once again looking at getting a Majesty windshield for my '08 V.

So, the one you have, is it a particular year or "size" Majesty Shield?

Thanks!

TrialsGuy

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.
It is crazy that they do not make a tall thin one. Most the thin ones max out at 16 inches.
I could buy a taller one, but they are too wide, and am not crazy about going to town on a brand new wind shield with a grinder.
The one I have now came with the bike it is about 22 inches works fine, I did have to work on it some with a grinder to get the mirrors and hand guards to clear, before that they were constantly knocking it which I think may have caused cracks to come up at the attachment points.
So I guess I will continue to look. I don't want to give in and get a shorter one and put up with the wind blast.

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
FastEddie,

I am once again looking at getting a Majesty windshield for my '08 V.

So, the one you have, is it a particular year or "size" Majesty Shield?

Thanks!

TrialsGuy
I just went to the Majesty site, and looked for a "For Sale" windshield for a 400, then posted a "Wanted" ad, both times. Lots of them put GiVi 'shields on so they have used Yamaha ones pretty cheap. Think I paid around $50 each time (and the last one came w/ a GiVi also, and I sold it for $50+...:thumb:).

I think this is the site:
http://www.majestyusa.com/
:goodluck:

·
Registered
196 Posts
It Glows!

Givi tall windscreen and one of the LED bulbs below (amazon) in the running light resulted in the edge glow effect. Very bright at night, a little light flare around the bottom but safe. Bulb is long, end touches the plastic lenses but no heat or melting issues. I don't do a lot of might riding, looks trick.

Cutequeen 4PCS LED Car Lights Bulb White T10 3528 20-SMD 194 168

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
you can adjust the screen out a bit to avoid hitting on full turn or you can put a rubber ring around the handle lockout stud at the fork tree or adjust your handguard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts